Current Affairs 14th December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
India assumed the chairmanship of Council of RATS SCO
India has assumed the Chairmanship of Council of Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (RATS SCO). India will hold Chairmanship for a period of one year from October 28, 2021.
- The National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), Government of India has also conducted a 2-day Practical Seminar on ‘Securing Cyberspace in the Contemporary Threat Environment’ for delegates from SCO member States in the collaboration of Data Security Council of India (DSCI).
- The event focused the key areas such as Policies and Strategies, Cyber Terrorism, Ransomware, and Digital Forensics amongst others.
India’s Harnaaz Sandhu crowned 70th Miss Universe 2021
India’s Harnaaz Sandhu has crowned the 70th Miss Universe 2021 which was held in Eilat, Israel. The 21-year-old Harnaaz from Punjab claimed the crown and edged out Paraguay’s Nadia Ferreira and South Africa’s Lalela Mswane.
- India’s Harnaaz Sandhu has created a history and Brings Home Miss Universe Crown After 21 Years. prior to this, only two Indians actors Sushmita Sen and Lara Dutta have won the title of Miss Universe in 1994 and in 2000 respectively.
- The former Miss Universe 2020 from Mexico Andrea Meza presented the crown to Ms Sandhu.
Indian Mathematician Neena Gupta Wins Ramanujan Prize 2021
Indian mathematician Neena Gupta has been honoured with the Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians, 2021. Neena Gupta is a mathematician faculty member of the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. he received the ‘2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries’ for exemplary work in geometry and commutative algebra.
- With this, Neena Gupta becomes the 4th Indian who has received this award and Out of the four Indians were faculty members of the ISI who got the Ramanujan prize.
Who is Neena Gupta
- Gupta has also received the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for science and technology in 2019.
- In 2014, he won the Young Scientists Award of the Indian National Science Academy for her solution to the Zariski cancellation problem, a fundamental problem in Algebraic Geometry.
LIC Gets RBI’s Approval To Hold 9.99% Stake In IndusInd Bank
India’s largest insurer Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has been allowed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to raise its holding in private lender IndusInd Bank to 9.99 per cent from the existing 4.95 per cent.
About Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- LIC Chairperson: M R Kumar;
- LIC Headquarters: Mumbai;
- LIC Founded: 1 September 1956.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- RBI Headquarters: Mumbai
- RBI Founder: British Raj
- RBI Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- RBI Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Karnataka Bank won 2 DigiDhan Awards by MeitY
The Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has awarded Karnataka Bank with two DigiDhan awards instituted for achieving the target with the highest percentage in BHIM-UPI transactions under the private sector bank category consecutively for two years 2019-20 and 2020-21.
- MeitY presented this award during Digital payment Utsav in New Delhi.
- Karnataka Bank has always been ahead to adopt the latest digital technology to its products so that the bank could offer best in class service to our customers.
- The bank has promoted digital payments in the country and a less-cash economy.
Catherine Russell appointed as the new head of UNICEF
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has announced to appoint an assistant to U.S. President Joe Biden Catherine Russell as the next head of the U.N. children’s agency UNICEF.
- Catherine Russell will replace Henrietta Fore, who resigned in July 2021 because of a family health issue.
Who is Catherine Russell
- Russell is a lawyer and has worked in Democratic politics since the mid-1980s.
- Also, She has worked on Capitol Hill and at the White House and State Department during Barack Obama terms.
- Russell is married to Tom Donilon, the former national security adviser to Former President Barack Obama.
ADB approved a $350 million loan to improve India’s urban services
Asian Development Bank (ADB) has given its approval for a $350 million (which is around 2653.05 crore in Indian Rupees) loan amount. the loan amount will be used for improving urban services in India.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) will provide benefits to the urban poor, economically weaker sections, and low-income groups through a loan.
- ADB Bank will give knowledge and advisory support to MoHUA in program implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- ADB Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines;
- ADB President: Masatsugu Asakawa;
- ADB Founded: 1966.
Daily Current Affairs 14th December 2021: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.