Today Top Current Affairs 13 January 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
Attempt Quiz – Daily Current Affairs Quiz
Attempt Computer Quiz – Click Here
Attempt Static GK Quiz – Click Here for Static GK topics for Competitive Exams
PM Modi inaugurates 25th National Youth Festival in Puducherry
On 12th January 2022, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 25th National Youth Festival in Puducherry via video conferencing to mark the celebration of National Youth Day, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- PM Modi also unveiled “Mere Sapno ka Bharat” and “Unsung Heroes of Indian Freedom Movement”.
- PM Modi also inaugurated a Technology Centre of the MSME Ministry, which has been set up at Puducherry with an investment of about Rs. 122 crore.
- He also inaugurated the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Manimandapam – an auditorium at a cost of about Rs 23 crores.
World Bank estimates India’s GDP growth at 8.3% in FY22 & 8.7% in FY23
The World Bank has announced that the GDP of India will grow at 8.3% for FY 2021-2022 and the Indian economy will grow at FY 2022-2023 – 8.7% and FY 2023-2024 – 6.8%.
- The World Bank has released it’s Global Economic Prospects’ report on January 11, 2022.
UBS predicts India’s GDP forecast at 9.1% in FY22 and 8.2% in FY23
Swiss brokerage UBS Securities has downgraded the growth forecast of the Indian economy for the current financial year (FY22) to 9.1 per cent. due to a massive surge in Omicron infections.
- Prior to this, UBS Securities estimated the growth forecast of the Indian economy for the current financial year (FY22) to 9.5%.
- UBS Projects the real GDP forecast of India in FY23 to 8.2 per cent. This was projected at 7.7 per cent earlier.
UBS Projects India’s GDP forecast
- Financial Year (FY22) – 9.1 per cent
- Financial Year (FY23) – 8.2 per cent
- Financial Year (FY24) – 6.0 per cent
Q1 Henley Passport Index 2022: Japan & Singapore Tops
Henley Passport Index has been released and as per the Index, India’s passport has improved in rankings this quarter compared to 2021 to 83rd position from 90th rank last year and has visa-free access to 60 destinations worldwide in Q1 2022, as compared to 58 destinations in Q4 of 2021.
- In 2016, India was ranked 85th along with Mali and Uzbekistan and was ranked at 84 while in 2020.
Henley Passport Index 2022: Top Countries
- Japan and Singapore have been ranked the joint top position in the Henley Global Mobility Report 2022 Q1 with visa-free access to 192 destinations worldwide.
- Germany and South Korea ranked joint 2nd spot on the latest ranking, with passport holders able to access 190 destinations visa-free.
- Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, and Spain has shared 3rd place, with a score of 189.
Tata Group to replace Vivo as IPL title sponsors from 2022
Tata Group is going to Chinese mobile manufacturer, Vivo as the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League from 2022. the information has been shared by league chairman Brijesh Patel and has been discussed Tata Group’s association as title sponsors of IPL during the league’s Governing Council meeting.
- VIVO signed a 5-year deal in 2018 worth Rs 440 crore annually until 2022 and the contract was paused in 2020 due to border tensions.
- Sports fantasy platform Dream11 took over as the title sponsor in the 2020 edition.
New Zealand player Ajaz Patel named ICC Player of the Month of December 2021
New Zealand cricketer Ajaz Patel has received the ICC Player of the Month award for December for his stupendous 10-wicket haul against Virat Kohli.
- The left-arm spinner was nominated for the award alongside India opener Mayank Agarwal and Australian pacer Mitchell Starc.
- ICC Women’s Player of the Month of December 2021 have no winner as no Women’s International matches
Alikhan Smailov appointed as new Prime Minister of Kazakhstan
Alikhan Smailov has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Kazakhstan. his appointment was approved by the parliament of Kazakhstan. on 11th January 2022, Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev nominated the name of Alikhan Smailov as the new Prime Minister of the country.
- Alikhan Smailov has served as the country’s finance minister from 2018 to 2020.
- He also has served as the first deputy prime minister in the Cabinet in 2019.
Daily Current Affairs 13th January 2022: FAQs
Q.1 Which is best for daily current affairs?
Candidates can read Current Affairs on @ PrepareExams.Com and can also read Monthly Current Affairs Magazine including Pratiyogita Darpan, Civil Services Times, Yojana, Niti Aayog reports, Economic and Political Weekly (for some topics only), World Focus year-end issue only, and so on.
Q.2 Where can I get daily current affairs PDF?
Candidates can find daily current affairs at PrepareExam App and its website https://www.prepareexams.com/. it also provides monthly current affairs PDF from https://www.prepareexams.com/.
Q.3 How can I write SSC current affairs notes?
Follow these steps:
Attempt Previous Years Papers.
Read the Current Affairs of the Last 6 Months Before the Exam.
Must Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.