Today Top Current Affairs 12 May 2021
Daily Current Affairs 12 May 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 12 May 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
HDFC Bank launches Chatbot Eva with CSC
Private Bank HDFC Bank has launched chatbot ‘Eva’ on CSCs Digital Seva Portal in the collaboration of Common Services Centres (CSCs). it aims to provide support to the Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) in providing banking services for the last mile rural consumers.
- Along with it, Eva will play a role in bridge the gap between India and Bharat.
- In Rural, people have faced challenges as it has lower Internet penetration.
Eva Chatbot Features
- It will enable VLEs to learn regarding HDFC’s products and services like account opening, loan lead generation, and product details.
- VLEs will be allowed to get 24×7 service to get access to HDFC Bank’s services.
About HDFC Bank –
CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
Founded: August 1994, India
Moody estimates Indian GDP Forecast for FY22 to 9.3%
Moody has downgraded India’s growth rate forecast for FY22 to 9.3%. prior to this, Moody estimated at 13.7 per cent for FY22.
- Moody has cut GDP due to the surge of Covid infections in India and imposing localized lockdowns and mobility curbs.
Nomura cuts Indian GDP Growth Estimate in FY22 to 10.8%
Nomura has downgraded the Indian GDP growth estimate to 10.8 % for the current 2021-22 fiscal (FY22) due to the surge of the 2nd wave of COVID-19 and lockdowns in the country. prior to this, Nomura made a projection of 12.6%.
About Nomura –
CEO: Kentaro Okuda
Headquarters: Tokyo, Japan
Founder: Tokushichi Nomura II
Founded: 25 December 1925
Ujjwala Singhania as 38th National President of FICCI FLO
Ujjwala Singhania has been elected as the National President of the FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO) for the year 2021-22.
- Ujjwala will serve as the 38th National President of FLO.
FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO)
- FLO is known as the omen’s wing of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- its purposes to encourage and facilitate women to showcase their talents, skills, experiences, and energies across sectors.
- FLO was founded in the years 1983, as a division of FICCI,
- FLO is also the apex body of industry and commerce in the country.
Former US Senator Bill Nelson becomes the 14th Administrator of NASA, took sworn
On 3rd May 2021, The former U.S. Senator Mr. Bill Nelson has become the 14th administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) after taking sworn for the post.
- The US Vice President Kamala Harris administered the oath to Nelson for the post of Administrator at NASA.
- He will take place of James Frederick Bridenstine who stepped down in January 2021.
- 78 years old Nelson has served as the United States Senator from Florida between 2001 and 2019.
- He also served as the state legislature and U.S. Congress, then as State Treasurer.
- Also has worked as a ranking member of the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee and then, in the US Army Reserve from 1965-1971.
About NASA –
Full-Form – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Founded: 29 July 1958
Padmakumar Nair as CEO Of National Asset Reconstruction Company
The Chief General Manager of Stressed Assets Resolution Group at SBI Mr. Padmakumar M Nair has been elected as the head of the National Asset Reconstruction Company Ltd.
- his appointment is for the CEO post of the proposed bad bank NACL and has an exposure of handling resolution of stressed assets.
International Nurses Day 2021
The day of 12th May is observed as International Nurses Day every year across the world. it aims to mark the contributions and hard work of nursing staff around the world.
International Nurses Day Theme 2021:
The theme of International Nurses Day 2021 is ‘Nurses: A Voice to Lead – A vision for future healthcare’.
International Nurses Day History:
- International Council of Nurses proclaimed the day and has been observing since January 1974 across the world.
- it also highlights the birth anniversary (May 12, 1820) of nursing pioneer Florence Nightingale.