Today Top Current Affairs 11 & 12 February 2021
Daily Current Affairs 11 & 12 February 2021: This article consists of the latest top current affairs for 11 & 12 February 2021 that are essential for all competitive exams such as Bank, SSC, IBPS, SBI exams. You can also take our Current Affairs Quiz after studying our Today current affairs.
Centre Launches Official Website of India Toy Fair 2021
On 11th February 2021, the Indian govt has launched the official website for India Toy Fair-2021. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Smriti Zubin Irani, Piyush Goyal inaugurated the website and online registration.
- The Toy Fair can be visited virtually from 27th February to 2nd March 2021 by registering at https://theindiatoyfair.in/.
- The initiative supports the PM’s vision of making India a global hub for the Toy Industry.
UAE Hope spacecraft successfully enters Mars orbit
On 9th February 2021, The United Arab Emirates (UAE) creates a new history after entering of Hope Probe mission successfully into orbit.
- UAE stands at 5th position after the United States, Soviet Union, Europe and India and becomes the first Arab country who achieved interplanetary mission successfully.
- the HOPE probe was launched into space in July 2020.
VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020 to Manasa Varanasi
On 10 February 2021, Manasa Varanasi has been chosen as the winner of VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020.
- Apart from this, Manika (Haryana) becomes the winner of VLCC Femina Miss Grand India 2020 and Manya Singh (UP) emerged as VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 – runner-up.
- After wearing the crown, she becomes 70th Miss World pageant in December 2021 and will represent India.
Tamil Movie Koozhangal begs Tiger Award
The Tamil movie “Koozhangal” has begged “Tiger” award at the 50th edition of the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2021.
- The Movie gets Award worth Euro 40,000 cash prize which will be shared by the director and producer of the winning film.
- Koozhangal movie becomes the 2nd movie that gets the award and prior to this, Indian film was “Durga” directed by the Malayalam director Shashidharan, was given this award.
Ind-Ra estimates Indian GDP to grow 10.4% in FY22
As per the prediction of India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra), the GDP of India will gain a bounce 10.4% growth in FY22.
- Also, it is being estimated by the agency that India’s GDP will come positive at 0.3 per cent in the January-March quarter of FY21. this may happen after a period of 9 months.
- Ind-Ra also added that Although the recovery in FY22 on a YoY basis will be V-shaped, the size of the GDP will barely surpass the level attained in FY20 and will be 10.6% lower than the trend value.
RBI Financial Literacy Week 2021
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts Financial Literacy Week (FLW) in order to propagate financial education messages on a particular theme across the country.
- The Financial Literacy Week (FLW) starts on 8th February 2021 and ends on 12th February 2021.
- RBI has been organizing FLW since 2016.