Today Current Affairs 9 September 2022 – Current Affairs for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related govt exams, covering the top news, Major Issues, Top 10 Current News of the day, Important events in National Current News, and International Current News.
300 New Cargo Terminals To Boost Railway Revenue
The Union Cabinet approved a policy on long-term leasing of Railways’ land and 300 Gati Shakti cargo terminals over the next five years. Railways will gain an incremental revenue of at least ₹30,000 crores per annum from freight services when 300 Gati Shakti cargo terminals will be operational, officials said.
- Union Cabinet planned 300 terminals which may generate employment for 30,000 people directly and 90,000 indirect jobs.
- The new policy will help in providing land leases for a longer period of up to 35 years as against five years at present.
U.S. Announced $450 Million Package To Pakistan
Biden Administration has approved a whopping $450 million F-16 fighter jet fleet sustainment programme for Pakistan. Pakistan first received the F-16 aircraft package from the Ronald Reagan administration in the 1980s. It is the first major security assistance to Pakistan after Trump in 2018. Trump stopped all defence and security assistance to Pakistan alleging that Islamabad was not a partner in its fight against terrorism.
- The United States Govt notified Congress of a proposed Foreign Military Sales case to sustain the Pakistan Air Force’s F-16 programme.
- Pakistan is an important counterterrorism partner, and as part of longstanding policy, the United States provides life cycle maintenance and sustainment packages for US-origin platforms
ESAF SFB Launches ‘Rainbow Account’ For Transgender Community
ESAF Small Finance Bank Ltd has launched a ‘Rainbow Savings Account’ for the Transgender community. Rainbow Account aims to offer a hosted feature such as high savings rates and advanced debit card facilities. the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed all the banks to have a separate column ‘Third Gender’ in all their forms and applications in the year 2015.
- The ‘Rainbow Savings Account scheme offers a high-interest rate and advanced debit card facilities.
- The Rainbow Savings Account logo events were conducted and were attended by many Transgenders in Kerala.
UNDP’s human development index: India ranks 132 out of 191 countries
United Nations Development Programme released a report on the 2021 Human Development Index (HDI) as part of the Human Development Report 2021-2022, measuring the average achievement of a country in three basic dimensions of human development — a long and healthy life, education and a decent standard of living. Human Development Index (HDI) includes four indicators — life expectancy at birth, mean years of schooling, expected years of schooling, and the Gross National Income (GNI) per capita.
- India ranked 132nd among 191 countries and territories in the 2021 Human Development Index (HDI).
- In 2020, India ranked 131st among 189 countries and territories.
- India’s neighbours, Sri Lanka (73rd), China (79th), Bangladesh (129th), and Bhutan (127th) are ranked above India.
- On the other hand, Pakistan (161st), Nepal (143rd), and Myanmar (149th) are ranked below India.
India vs Afghanistan Asia Cup 2022: India won by 101 runs
India beat Afghanistan by 101 runs in Asia Cup 2022. Afghanistan won the toss and decided to bowl first. India scored 212 in 20 overs with a loss of two wickets. Afghanistan could make only 111 runs in 20 overs with a loss of 8 wickets. however, the match was just a formality because Both teams are already out of the Asia Cup 2022 race. at the end of the tournament, India and Afghanistan both displayed great performance on the group stage.
- Virat Kohli scored a historic 71st century in the T20 format and scored 122 in 61 balls for India. Bhuvneshwar Kumar took 5 wickets against Afghanistan. followed by, KL Rahul made 62 runs in 41 balls.
Queen Elizabeth II passes away at 96
Queen Elizabeth II passed away at Balmoral at the age of 96. she reigned the UK for 70 years and Queen Elizabeth II witnessed a significant social change after ascending to the throne in 1952. The King and the Queen Consort will be present there on 08.09.2022 and 09.09.22 in Balmoral before departing for London.
- Queen Elizabeth II was taking medical supervision.
- Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor (Queen Elizabeth II) was born the Queen on April 21, 1926, in Mayfair, London.
International Day to Protect Education from Attack 2022
Every year, International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed on 9 September. this day was recognized by the UN. in 2020, The Day was celebrated for the first time. The day aims to create awareness regarding the importance of safeguarding schools as places of protection and safety for students and educators and the need to keep education at the top of the public agenda.
- The International Day to Protect Education from Attack is an international observance which was founded by a unanimous decision of the United Nations General Assembly in the year 2020.
- International Day to Protect Education From Attack also aims to safeguard and shape the future of over 75 million children in the age group of three to 18-year-olds living in 35 nations.
******** END ********
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.