Srinagar joins UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN)
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has designated Srinagar as a part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN). Srinagar becomes the sixth Indian city to achieve this distinction. prior to this, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Varanasi and Jaipur were designated as a part of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network (UCCN).
- The Srinagar city was designated the creative city in the field of Crafts and Folk Arts, earlier Jaipur was designated in the same category.
- With this, the total number of creative cities in the world has reached 295.
UNESCO Creative Cities Network
- In 2014, UNESCO launched a project named UNESCO Creative Cities Network.
- the main purpose of this is to promote cooperation among cities which recognized creativity as a strategic factor in their urban development.
- the creative cities are selected in seven fields such as Craft, Folk Art, Media Arts, Film Design, Gastronomy, Literature and Music.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.