Shri Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana appointed as Chief Justice of India
The Indian President has appointed Shri Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana as the next the Chief Justice of India.
- Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana will start serving as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India on 24th April 2021.
- he will be the 48th Chief Justice of India.
Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
- He is from Ponnavaram Village, Krishna District in Andhra Pradesh.
- he has practised in the High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Central and Andhra Pradesh Administrative Tribunals and the Supreme Court of India.
- He has served as puisne Judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- he became Chairman, Supreme Court Legal Services Committee in 2019.
- Venkata also served as the Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA)