SBI signs MoU with Usha International for Empowering Women: State Bank of India (SBI) has signed an MoU with Usha International Limited (UIL) for empowering women entrepreneurs. as per the agreement, SBI will offer financial assistance under the Joint Liability Group model to Usha International Limited (UIL).
- The agreement is first of its kind collaboration between UIL and SBI that will help in uplifting the social and economic status of women entrepreneurs in rural areas across the country, and collaboration will also make them self-reliant and provide equal opportunity for achieving financial growth and inclusion.
MoU Between SBI and Usha International
- The branches of the SBI (Uttarakhand, Delhi, Western UP, and NCR Haryana branches) will provide financial help for women entrepreneurs to Usha Silai School.
- the financial assistance ill be used to buy sewing machines for enhancement and up-gradation of technical sewing skills or to purchase thread of clothes, etc. Related to above for running their livelihood.
- Usha International Limited (UIL) has provided necessary training to women through USHA Silai Schools.
- SBI has named ‘NAVCHETNA’ relationship with UIL and will bring a new synergy among the women entrepreneurs and will also lead towards holistic development.
About State Bank of India
- State Bank of India Founded: 1st July 1955
- State Bank of India Headquarters: Mumbai
- SBI Parent organization: Government of India
- State Bank of India Chairman: Dinesh Kumar Khara
About Usha International Limited (UIL)
- UIL Chairman – Vinay Rai
Also Read || Ind-Ra projected India’s GDP 9.4% in FY22
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.