72nd Sardar Patel’s death anniversary – December 15 is the death anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who served as the first Home Minister and among the chief architects of modern India. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was India’s first deputy Prime Minister and was popularly known as the ‘Iron Man of India’. Patel also played an important role in the Indian freedom movement, especially in unifying India post-independence.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death Anniversary/ Punyatithi: 15 December
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel died on December 15, 1950, in Bombay after suffering a massive heart attack.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel served as the first deputy Prime Minister of India from 1947 to 1950.
- He also served as the acting Home Minister during the political integration of India post Independence and the 1947 Indo-Pakistani War.
- Sardar Patel is called the Unifier of India due to the integration of all princely states into the Indian Union.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue- Statue of Unity
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Statue- Statue of Unity on October 31, 2018, on his 143rd birth anniversary.
- The Statue of Unity is the world’s tallest statue with a height of 182 meters.
- It is located on the Narmada River in Kevadiya colony in Gujarat.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App