Senior IAS Officer A Santhi Kumari is elected as the new Chief Secretary of Telangana and assumed the charge as the first women Chief Secretary of the State at the Secretariat in BRK Bhavan. Santhi Kumari will replace incumbent Somesh Kumar, who was relieved from the Telangana government by the Union Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). Somesh Kumar was appointed as the Chief Secretary on 31st December 2019.
About Santhi Kumari
- Santhi Kumari is a 1989 batch officer and hails from Andhra Pradesh.
- She becomes the first woman to be Chief Secretary of Telangana.
- She holds a post-graduation degree in Marine Biology, and has pursued an MBA in the US.
- She also worked in the United Nations programs for two years.
- She also served the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) for two years overseeing financial inclusion.