S Jaishankar joins SCO Foreign Ministers in Moscow
Recently, The Defence Minister of India Shri Rajnath Singh has joined the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Defence Ministers Meeting. after it, MEA minister Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar visited Russia between 8 Sept and 11 Sept 2020 in order to be the part of SCO-CFM (Council of Foreign Ministers). The SCO-CFM meet was held in Moscow Russia.
- On 8th Sept 2020, He also stayed in Tehran, Iran and had a meet with Mohammad Javad Zarif. during the meeting, they discussed to boost the bilateral relations and regional developments. the discussion also included the Chabahar port project.
- This was the 3rd time when India joined SCO-CFM meet as a full member of SCO.
- Jaishankar also had a meeting with Chinese counterpart, they agreed on 5 roadmaps.
- India Foreign minister met with China and Russia Foreign ministers and RIC’s Chairmanship was given to hands of India.
- There was also a meeting between Kyrgyz counterpart Chingiz Aidarbekov and Jaishankar.
About Kyrgyzstan –
Capital – Bishkek
Currency – Kyrgyzstani som
President – Sooronbay Sharipovich Jeenbekov
About Iran –
Currency – Iranian Rial
President – Hassan Rouhani