Harsh Vardhan joined 73rd WHO South-East Asia Region session
- The Health and Family Welfare Minister Shri Harsh Vardhan joined the 73rd session of the World Health Organization (WHO) South-East Asia Region (SEARO). he presented in the session via a Video Conferencing.
Key Points –
- Thailand Govt organized 73rd session from Bangkok.
- Harsh Vardhan gave the Charge to the new Chair Anutin Charnvirakul.
- In addition, Harsh Vardhan discussed significant achievements such as Poliomyelitis elimination, Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus and newborn mortality topics were included.
- He also shared about National Health Policy 2017, India has elaborated this Policy. Policy purposes to offer affordable healthcare for all citizens of India. India began Ayushman Bharat in 2018, he also mentioned. Ayushman Bharat highlights a milestone on the road towards universal health coverage.
- He also mentioned other achievements such as poliomyelitis elimination, Maternal, and Neonatal Tetanus and Yaws, and considerable reductions in maternal and newborn mortality.
- In the 72nd session, Dr Harsh Vardhan presented India and it was organized in New Delhi.