Pronoun Defination And Types
A word, is known Pronoun that changes a noun in sentences. in many sentences we see that Noun are used again and again . to avoid this sitution we use pronoun instead of noun.
Types Of Pronoun
Pronoun Has Eight Types. they are
- Personal Pronoun
- Demonstrative Pronoun
- Distributive Pronoun
- Reciprocal Pronoun
- Reflexive Pronoun
- Intrrrogative Pronoun
- Indefinite Pronoun
- Relative Pronoun
- Personal Pronoun : We Use some Pronouns as Subject in sentence.
And We are also some Pronouns as Object in sentence.
We can see The Use of Pronouns as Subject For example :
- I went to the Park .
- He doesn’t want to travel For Jaipur.
- She rides a bike .
We can see The Use of Pronouns as Object For example :
- he Wants his book back .
- she shows her id card to enter in class.
- go to see her .
Possessive Adjectives ->
- her , his , its
Possessive Pronouns ->
Rules – >
Rule 1) -> In this rule , we will use pronoun according to noun. For Example
- He wanted his phone back
- every boy must show his id at the gate.
- rohit visits his home town.
Rule 2) -> Each/every + 1st noun + and + Each/every + 2nd noun then Pronoun Will be Singluar. For Example
- each day and each Hour has its importance .
- Every teacher and Every Student is in his place.
Rule 3 ) -> The order of adding different pronouns.
- Singluar Pronouns = 2 + 3 + 1
- Plural Pronouns = 1 + 2 + 3
- Pronouns = 1 + 2 + 3
For Examples :
- You, he and I are studying in 12 Class .
Rule 4 ) -> If we are expressing time , weather , temprature And Distance in that case We will use it . in this condition, It has no meaning. For Eg.
- It is dark
- it is Monday
- it is night
2. Demonstrative Pronouns : Pronouns That are used to signalize Persons and Things like – this , that , these , those , such
|Demonstrative Pronouns||When to Use|
|This||Singular And Near|
|That||Singluar And Distance|
|These||Plural And Near|
|Those||Plural And Distance|
Rule 5) -> Use That Of And Those Of to Stop Repetition. Here That of is a Singular And Those Of Works as Plural . For Eg.
- The Population Of India is more Than that of Pakisthan.
- The Roads of Goa are wider than Those Of Noida.
3. Distributive Pronouns : Either , Neither , Each
Rule 6) -> Use Of Each , More Than two
- Each of the five or three students
Rule 7) -> Only For Two . Either is used as Positive And Neither is Negative.
- Either Of These Two students
- Neither Of These Two Books
4. Reciprocal Pronoun : Each Other , One Another
Rule 8) -> Each Other – Only For Two
- The two girls love Each other
Rule 9) -> One Another – More than Two
- The Three Girls hate One Another
5. Reflexive Pronoun : myself , yourself , himself , themselves , herself
- she loves herself
- he enjoyed himself in party
Rule 10 ) -> If The Verbs (Absents, Lay, Satisfy , Introduce hurt,cheat , Prostrate , Revenge , avail , enjoy , pride , resign , enjoy , overreach )are being Used then , we will use a Object Or reflexive Pronoun After Verb.
- he Introduced her To Amit. (Incorrect , because Introduce is trasitative verb so we should use a Object or reflexive Pronoun )
- He Introduced himself to amit. (Correct)
6. Interrogative Pronoun : is used when we are Questioning To others . Who , Whom , Whose , Which are Used To ask Question .
Rule 11) -> Who – To address Subject. For Example
- Who are You ?
- Who Did This ?
- Who is winner ?
Rule 12) -> Whom – To Point out Object . For Example
- Whom He Invited ?
- Whom He Called ?
Rule 13 ) -> Whose – to address Owner For Example.
- Whose Phone is this ?
Rule 14 ) -> Preposition + Who (InCorrect)
Preposition + Whom (Correct)
For Example – By Whom Was Book Written ?
If We Use Preposition at end of sentences then , Who is used as starter
For Example – Who was Book Written By ?
Rule 15 ) -> When We choose Between two or More then two .in that case , we will use ‘Which’ . For Example .
- which is Your Friend in the class ?
Rule 16 ) -> We Don’t use ‘Whose’ for Non-Living things. For Example
- Whose Pen is this ?
7. Indefinite Pronoun :
Rule 17) -> Anybody , Everybody , somebody ,nobody + masculine Singluar Pronoun as far as gender is not feminine For Example
- Everyone of the boys have to deposit his fee on monday.
- Everyone was happy when he saw the tigar.
Rule 18) -> if Indefinite pronoun “One ” Subject then we will use One/One’s as pronoun
For Example – One should care one’s life.
8. Relative Pronoun : Who do the work of adding , are called Relative Pronoun like Who , Which , That , What , Why and son on.
Rule 19) -> We use the relative Pronoun (Whom/ Which /That ) as a Object Of subardinate clause
For example – amit has a friend whom he trusts
Rule 20) -> We use the relative Pronoun (Who, Which , That ) as a subject Of sub -ordinate clause
For example – amit who Comes here is very intelligent
Rule 21) -> If the two antecedent is used by joining and then one person and another animal or the object then use Relative Pronoun “that” after that.
For example – The man and his cow that i saw have been kidnapped.
Rule 22) -> After None,Nobody , nothing , same ,somthing , all , the only , the little , the few or any Superlative Degree (The Best / the highest ), That will come in place of Who/Which.
Rule 23) -> For any photo, group or list, Which will replace of Who