PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 PDF Download: Check Exam Pattern – In this article, students will find the PPSC Draftsmen Exam Syllabus PDF direct links, PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022, PPSC Draftsmen Selection Process, and so on and will get the latest and updated PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 along with Exam Pattern.
PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 – Overview
|Board Name||Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)|
|Posts||Group B Posts – Head Draftsmen, Draftsmen|
|Selection Process||Written Competitive Examination|
PPSC Draftsmen Exam Pattern 2022
- Total Question – 120 Questions
- Total Marks – 480 Marks
- Exam Duration – 2 Hours
- Language – English
- Mode of Exam –
- Negative Marking – Yes, 1 mark
|Part A: Concerned Subjects||100||400|
|PPSC Draftsmen Previous Question Papers PDF Download|
|PPSC Draftsmen Admit Card|
|PPSC Draftsmen Answer Key|
|PPSC Draftsmen Results|
|PPSC Draftsmen Exam|
PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022
|Download PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|
Download PPSC Draftsmen Syllabus 2022 PDF
Part-A: Concerned Subjects
- Importance of B.I.S., Introduction of Code for Practice of Architectural and Building Drawings (IS: 962- 1989),Layout of drawing. Lines, Lettering, Dimensioning. Knowledge of different types of Scales and Principle of R.F., Different types of projection views such as Orthographic, Isometric, Oblique and Prespective.
- Building Materials- Stones –classification, types, uses. Bricks – Manufacturing, characteristics, types, uses. Lime– characteristics, types, uses. Pozzolanic- classification, types, uses. Cement – Manufacturing, classification, types, uses and test of good cement. Sand – characteristics, types & uses. Clay Products – types, earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, terracotta, glazing. Mortar& Concrete –Types, uses Preparation, Proportion ad mixtures and applications. Timber–types, Structure, disease & defects, characteristics, seasoning. Preservation and uses.
- Alternative materials of Timber- Plywood, Block Board, Particle Board, Fireproof reinforced plastic, (FRP). Medium density fireboard (MDF) etc.
- Protective materials- Tar, bitumen, asphalt- Properties, application and uses Paints–characteristics, types, uses. Varnishes– characteristics, types, uses. Metal– characteristics, types, uses. Plastics –characteristics, types, use.
- Building Construction:- Sequence of construction of a building. Name of different parts of building.
- Stone masonry- Terms used and Classification. Principle of construction, Composite masonry. Strength of walls. Strength of Masonry.
- Brick masonry – Principle of construction of Bonds, Tools and Equipment used.
- Foundation-Purpose of Foundation, Causes of failure of Foundation, Types of Foundations, Drawing of footing, foundation, Setting out of building on ground excavation, Types of Shoring and Scaffolding details, Types of Underpinning and Timbering details. DPC. Arches. Lintels. Morter. R.C.C. Reinforcement. Doors & windows. Roofs. Floors. Trusses. Carpentry Joints. Stairs.
- Surveying-Introduction, History and Principal of chain surveying. Instruments Employed. Main divisions (plain & geodetic).Chain Surveying. Compass Surveying. Plane Table Surveying. Leveling. Theodolite. Total Station
- Computer aided drafting (CAD) -Operating system software & their use. Introduction of CAD. Basic commands of CAD
- Planning of Building-Principles of Planning& orientation of Building. Local Building Bye Laws
- Estimating & Costing- Methods of finding Quantities of materials.
- Roads and Railways- Principles of Planning & construction of Roads. Indian Railways & their Gauges
- Bridges-Culverts& Bridges.
- Irrigation & hydrology – Methods. Terms used in Irrigation. Storage & Reservoirs. Canals. Hydroelectric power house.
- Public Health Engineering- Public health system of Sanitation. Sanitary Fittings etc.
General Knowledge & Current Affairs: General Knowledge and Current affairs of National and International importance
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues.
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- Any other current issues.
- (a) History of India with special reference to Indian freedom struggle movement.
(b) History of Punjab- 14th century onwards.
General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Mental Ability
- Basic numerical skills, numbers, magnitudes, percentage, numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis, Graphic presentation charts, tables, spreadsheets.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.