PM Modi lays foundation stone of Noida International Airport at Jewar in UP
On 25th November 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the Foundation Stone of Noida International Airport at Jewar in Uttar Pradesh.
- With this, Uttar Pradesh will be the only state in India that will have five international airports.
- The Jewar airport is the 2nd international aerodrome in Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR), and is located in Jewar, Gautam Buddha Nagar and is at a distance of about 72 km from the IGI airport in New Delhi.
Jewar International airport
- Jewar International airport will be Spread over 1,300 hectares of land.
- The airport has been developed by Zurich Airport International AG.
- The first phase of the airport will be completed by 2024.
- the airport will have the capacity to serve around 1.2 crore passengers a year, will expand to serve 70 million passengers by the end of phase 4.
Jewar Airport to generate over 1 lakh jobs
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was also present during the PM Modi’s visit for the foundation stone laying ceremony, said the airport will create 1 lakh jobs, and that many other projects including Film City, Electronic Park are coming up in the region.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.