PM Modi launches ₹11000 crore oil palm mission
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched an ₹11,000 cr oil palm mission during a virtual event when PM Modi was releasing the 9th installment of income support worth ₹19,500 crores to 9.75 crore farmers under the PM Kisan scheme.
- the main objective of the mission is to ensure self-sufficiency in edible oil production at a time when India’s dependence on expensive imports has driven retail oil prices to new highs.
- this move will boost domestic oilseed production and make the country self-sufficient in cooking oils.
- This financial outlay for the National Mission on Edible Oil-Oil Palm (NMEO-OP) will be over a five-year period.
- The Govt will invest more than ₹11,000 crores via the National Mission on Oilseeds and Oil Palm to provide farmers including better seeds and technology,
What prime minister Modi Said –
- India has become self-sufficient or Aatamnirbhar in the production of rice, wheat and sugar, but it was not enough as the country is dependent on huge imports of edible oils.
- Govt will ensure that farmers get all facilities and will also promote farming to produce palm oil and other oil seeds.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.