Legendary athlete P.T. Usha has been appointed as the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA). 58-year-old Legendary athlete P.T. Usha is a multiple Asian Games gold medallist and a fourth-place finisher in the 1984 Olympics 400m hurdles final.
- Usha is one of the most decorated Indian athletes and has won 11 medals, including four golds in the Asian Games from 1982 and 1994.
- She also won four goal medals at the 1986 Seoul Asian Games, winning the 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles, and 4x400m relay events.
- Usha also bagged medals in the 100m and 200m events in the 1982 New Delhi Asian Games.
- She will be the first sportsperson to have represented the country and also become IOA chief.
- Maharaja Yadavindra Singh was the third IOA president who held office from 1938 to 1960.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App