Operation Samudra Setu –
- Operation Samudra Setu has been started by Indian Navy. Operation Samudra Setu has meaning that is Sea Bridge. The Indian Goverment is working to monitor the situation with respect to the effect of COVID-19 Disease on the citizens abroad.
- The Operation will come in effect from Republic of Maldives on 8th May as part of Phase-1.
- The mian purpose of The operation is to evacuate indian citizens from overseas.
- The Indian Govt is looking forward about the situation with respect to the effect of COVID-19 pandemic on the citizens abroad. The Indian Navy have orders from GOI to make suitable preparations for their evacuation by sea.
- The India’s Naval ships has created a list of Indian nationals who are to be evacuated. after the requisite medical screening test, they will be given facility.
- During the first phase, almost 1000 peoples are to be evacuated Under the operation of Indian Navy. first of all, they will have to undergo requisite medical screening test to check COVID-19.
- The evacuated people will be given the basic amenities and medical facilities during the sea-passage. they will be brought at Kochi, Kerala .
Additional Information About Indian Navy –
Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS): Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar
Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS): Vice Admiral M. S. Pawar
Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
Headquarters: Ministry of Defence (Navy)
Founded: 5 September 1612.
Q.1 What is the aim of Operation Samudra Setu ?
The mian purpose of The Operation Samudra Setu is to evacuate indian citizens from overseas countries.
Q.2 Phase First of Operation Samudra Setu ?
in the first phase of Operation Samudra Setu, around 1000 peoples will be to evacuated Under the operation of Indian Navy.