Online flood reporting system was launched in Assam
Today Current Affairs: Assam State Disaster Management Agency has launched An online flood reporting and information management system in collaboration with UNICEF. this new system will take place of the existing manual flood control mechanism.
- The new system will start its operations from May 15 and will collect daily basis reports.
- The system will help in dealing with a flood, relief, and recovery efforts.
- it also will play a role in tracking damages to crops and loss of livestock.
- and it will provide financial assistance for restoration.
Important Notes for Study:
Online flood reporting system developed by – jointly Assam State Disaster Management Agency and UNICEF.
- Statehood – 26 January 1950
- Capital – Dispur
- Largest city – Guwahati
- State Governor – Jagdish Mukhi
- State Chief Minister – Himanta Biswa Sarma (BJP)
- State Dance – Bihu dance