National Water Awards 2020: Uttar Pradesh Bags 1st Prize – On 7th January 2022, Union Minister of Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has announced the 3rd National Water Awards-2020.
- Uttar Pradesh has been honoured with the first prize in the Best State category and followed by Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu got the 2nd and 3rd prize.
- National Water Award aims to encourage the stakeholders to adopt a holistic approach towards water resources management.
- It creates awareness among the Indian citizens concerning the importance of water and also motivates them to adopt the best water usage practices.
National Water Awards: Category
- The Jal Shakti Ministry launched the first National Water Award in the year 2018.
- Best State,
- Best District,
- Best Village Panchayat,
- Best Urban Local Body,
- Best Media (Print & Electronic),
- Best School,
- Best Institution/RWA/Religious organization for Campus usage,
- Best Industry,
- Best NGO,
- Best Water User Association,
- Best Industry for CSR Activity
Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) scheme
- Govt launched Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) scheme in order to ensure assured tap water supply or ‘Har Ghar Jal’ to all rural households by 2024.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.