PM Modi inaugurates second campus of CNCI in Kolkata – PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the second campus of Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) in Kolkata on 7th January 2022. on this occasion, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was also present.
- It is located in Newtown, near Rajarhat Kolkata.
Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute:
- In the West Bengal state, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) is the only government-run cancer hospital.
- It has been named after Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das and was established in 1950.
- CNCI is a premiere centre for cancer treatment and research in the eastern region of India.
- A total of over 530 crores have been spent on this campus and Rs 400 crore provided by the Centre and rest by the West Bengal government.
Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute: Facilities
- Radiation Oncology,
- Medical Oncology,
- Surgical Oncology,
- head and neck Oncology,
- Paediatric Oncology,
- Nuclear medicine,
- Preventive Oncology,
- Palliative Care and Rehabilitation.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.