National Girl Child Day 2022: Theme, History and Significance – Every year National Girl Child Day is observed on 24 January in India, aiming to spread awareness about the inequalities faced by girls in Indian society.
- It also promotes awareness regarding the rights of the girl child and the importance of female education, health, and nutrition.
- On this day, Govt of India conducts various campaigns and programmes to mark National Girl Child Day, has also started initiatives including Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, and Save the Girl Child.
National Girl Child Day 2022: History
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development initiated National Girl Child Day for the first time in 2008.
- The main purpose of this day was to highlight the inequalities faced by girls, to promote awareness including the rights of a girl child, the importance of education, health, and nutrition.
- At present, gender discrimination has emerged as a major problem in the country.
Educate, Encourage, Empower!— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) January 24, 2022
Today is the day to renew our commitment twd providing equal opportunities to our girls. On National Girl Child Day, as we celebrate accomplishments of our daughters, we pledge to bridge the gender divide to build an inclusive & equal society. pic.twitter.com/qpglx0fS9y
National Girl Child Day 2022: Purpose, Aim, Objectives
- It aims to boost the consciousness of the people
- Aims to offer new opportunities to the girl child in the society.
- To remove all the inequalities faced by the girl child.
- It ensures the human rights, respect, and value of a girl child in India.
National Girl Child Day 2022: Theme
|2022||To Be announced|
|2021||Digital Generation, Our Generation|
|2020||My voice, our common future|
|2019||Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow|
National Girl Child Day 2022: campaigns
- Madhya Pradesh observed the National Girl Child Day on the theme “Aware girl child-able Madhya Pradesh” under the scheme Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao in 2020.
- the Women and Child Development Department has planned to celebrate National Girl Child Week between 24 to 30 January.
Several campaigns and Programmes started by Govt to improve the conditions of girls
- Save the Girl Child,
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao,
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- CBSE Udaan Scheme
- Free or subsidized education for girl child,
- Reservation for women in colleges and universities
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar-2022
- Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar-2022 will be presented on the occasion of National Girl Child Day on 24th January. PM Modi will also interact virtually with winners of PMRBP-2022 and will also give digital certificates to winners of PMRBP.
- the awardees of PMRBP 2022 will be given a cash prize of Rs.1,00,000/.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.