Nagaland 59th Statehood Day: On 1st December 2021, Nagaland citizens have celebrated 59th Statehood Day. in 1963, Nagaland was granted statehood with Kohima being declared as its capital.
- In 1957, The agreement was signed between Naga leaders and the central government to make a separate region of the Naga Hills.
- The Parliament enacted Nagaland statehood under the State of Nagaland Act, 1962.
- Nagaland is the first northeast State that has been bifurcated from Assam as the 16th State of the Indian Union.
Article 371-A for Nagaland
- As per the Article 371-A, Parliament will not apply any acts to the State of Nagaland in the matter relating to religious or social practices of Nagas, Naga customary law and procedure, administration of civil or criminal justice involving decisions according to Naga customary law and ownership and transfer of land and its resources.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland: Neiphiu Rio
- Governor of Nagaland: Jagdish Mukhi.
- Nagaland Founded: 30 November 1963
- Capital of Nagaland: Kohima
- Official bird of Nagaland: Blyth’s tragopan
Also Read || Ind-Ra projected India’s GDP 9.4% in FY22
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.