Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report 2021
The 2021 Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report has been released jointly by UNDP and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
- MPI report estimates on multidimensional poverty across 109 developing countries including 26 low-income countries, 80 middle-income countries and 3 high-income countries.
- The index has indicators that are divided into three equally weighted dimensions.
Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report: Indicators
- Child mortality
- Years of schooling
- School attendance
- Cooking Fuel
- Drinking Water
What Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) Report say?
- 1.3 billion people are multidimensionally poor.
- About half (644 million) are children under age 18.
- Nearly 85 percent live in Sub-Saharan Africa (556 million) or South Asia (532 million).
- More than 67 percent live in middle-income countries.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.