Monthly Current Affairs Quiz – February 2021 PDF
The Monthly Current Affairs Quiz PDF is helpful for all upcoming exams and will also help competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. the Monthly Current Affairs Quizs cover topics Daily Current Affairs Quiz from February 01 to 28 February 2021.
1) 8th India International Silk Fair was begun by?
Answer: Smriti Irani
On 31 January 2021, Smriti Irani has made the inauguration of the 8th edition of the International Silk Fair on Virtual Portal.
2) 8th India International Silk Fair will run for ——– Days.
8th India International Silk Fair will run for Five Days.
3) In which state, ‘Shivalik Arboretum’ Garden was inaugurated?
Correct Answer: Uttarakhand
Nainital (Uttarakhand) has set up a botanical garden called ‘Shivalik Arboretum’. it aims to conserve more than 210 species of trees that are in the Shivalik range of the Himalayas.
4) Who is MD and CEO of SBI Card?
Correct Answer: Rama Mohan Rao Amara
Rama Mohan Rao Amara is elected as new MD and CEO of SBI Cards and Payment Services Ltd (SBI Card).
5) who is appointed as 1st Chief Compliance Officer of Facebook?
Answer: Henry Moniz
Henry Moniz has been elected as 1st ever Chief Compliance Officer. his appointment was announced by Facebook Inc.
6) Who is serving as The Prime Minister of Vietnam?
Answer: Nguyen Xuan Phuc
7) Who became the winner of Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy?
Answer: Tamil Nadu defeats Baroda by 7 wickets in the final and became the winner of the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy 2020-21.
8) As per the Justice Delivery in India Justice Report 2020, which state has topped?
Answer: As per the Report of India Justice 2020, Maharashtra has topped for 2nd time in the term of delivery of justice to people.
9) Bangladesh Receives —————- amount from World Bank for Upgrading the Jashore-Jhenaidah highway and improving the connecting rural roads.
Answer: Bangladesh has signed a loan agreement of $500 million amount from the World Bank. this loan will be used to Upgrade the Jashore-Jhenaidah highway and improve the connecting rural roads.
10) Where is the Headquarter of NASA?
Answer: the Headquarter of NASA is in Washington DC, United States
11) The Little Book of Encouragement Book is written by?
Answer: Dalai Lama (Tibetan spiritual leader) has written a new book named ‘The Little Book of Encouragement’. in this book, he has shared quotes and words of wisdom to promote human happiness.
12) How many amount, Modi govt will spend on Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana in next years?
Answer: During Union Budget 2021, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented a new health scheme named Pradhan Mantri Aatmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana for Indian Citizens. the Modi govt will spend Rs 64,180 crores in the next years.
13) Where is the headquarter of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC)?
Answer: the headquarters of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) is in Geneva, Switzerland.
14) When World Cancer Day is observed?
Answer: The day of 4th February is observed as World Cancer Day every year. this day is celebrated by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
15) As per the PHDCCI International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank 2021, which country has topped?
Answer: As per the International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank, Germany has topped.
16) As per the PHDCCI International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank 2021, India will be at which position?
Answer: As per the International Economic Resilience (IER) Rank, Germany has topped and India will be the 2nd most resilient economy in 2021. the report was released by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI).
17) US Cicely Tyson died at 96, she was a/an?
Answer: The noted US actress Cicely Tyson has taken has passed away at the age of 96. She received the Tony Award in 2013.
18) What is the theme of World Cancer Day 2021?
Answer: The theme 2021 of World Cancer Day is: ‘I Am And I Will’ and is a reminder of the enduring power of cooperation and collective action.
19) When International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation is observed?
Answer: The day of 6th February is observed as International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation. it aims to create awareness so that female genital mutilation (FGM) could be eliminated.
20) memoir titled “Beautiful Things” is authored by?
Answer: Hunter Biden is going to release his memoir titled “Beautiful Things”. Hunter Biden is the son of United States President Joe Biden. this memoir highlights his struggles with addiction and drug abuse.
21) When was First ASEAN-India Hackathon 2021 held?
Answer: The Ministry of Education is organizing 1st ASEAN-India Hackathon with the help of the Ministry of External Affairs. the ASEAN-India Hackathon will be held between 01 February 2021 and 04 February 2021.
22) Capital of Bahrain country?
Answer: Capital – Manama
23) Capital of Canada?
Answer: Ottawa is the capital city of Canada.
24) Who becomes the 1st-female as Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO)?
Answer: The economist from Nigeria Okonjo-Iweala is appointed as the Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO). Due to her appointment, she will the first woman and African who will serve as the Director-General of the organization.
25) Where will be the world’s largest wind power plant be established?
Answer: South Korea
26) The federal bank launched which savings account scheme for children below 18 years?
Answer: Federal Bank launches a new savings account scheme named FedFirst. the FedFirst scheme will be for children whose age is under 18 years.
27) Who won the Belinda Clarke Award 2020-21 at the Australian Cricket Awards?
Answer: Beth Mooney earned the maiden Belinda Clarke Award at the Australian Cricket Awards.
28) In which state, PM Modi launched ‘Asom Mala’ programme for state highways and major district roads?
Answer: PM Modi started ‘Asom Mala’, a programme for state highways and major district roads in Assam.
29) Which Australian Cricketer won the Allan Border Medal 2020-21?
Answer: The Cricketer from Australia Steve Smith has received Allan Border Medal for the third times at the Australian Cricket Awards for the period 2020-21.
30) Which Indian Cricketer won the inaugural ICC Player of the Month award for January 2021?
Answer: Indian player Rishabh Pant achieved the inaugural ICC Player of the Month award.
31) When is World Pulses Day observed?
Answer: The day of 10 February is being observed as World Pulses Day every year. this day was designated by The United Nations in 2018.
31) Who won Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021?
Answer: An Australian wildlife photographer Mr Robert Irwin has achieved the 1st prize in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award Contest.
32) Which state has launched SAANS campaign to reduce infant mortality?
Answer: The Madhya Pradesh health department has launched a new Social awareness campaign named SAANS.
33) Indian Film that bagged the Tiger Award for best film at the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2021?
Answer: The Tamil movie “Koozhangal” has begged the “Tiger” award at the 50th edition of the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2021.
34) Who became the winner of the Femina Miss India World 2020?
Answer: Manasa Varanasi has been chosen as the winner of VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020.
35) RBI conducts Financial Literacy Week 2021, the theme of this year?
Answer: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) conducts Financial Literacy Week (FLW) in order to propagate financial education messages on a particular theme across the country. The theme selected for the 2021 year FLW is “Credit Discipline and Credit from Formal Institutions”.
36) When is World Radio Day observed?
Answer: The day of 13 February is observed as World Radio Day across the world. it aims to create awareness about the importance of Radio.
37) Where was inaugurated Jalabhishekam’ campaign?
Answer: On 11th February 2021, Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh Ji inaugurated the ‘Jalabhishekam Campaign’. under this Campaign, over 57,000 water structures in Madhya Pradesh were dedicated state.
38) When is National Women’s Day observed?
Answer: The citizens are celebrating the 13th of February day as National Women’s Day. it marks the birthday of Sarojini Naidu and in 2021, it will be her 142nd birthday anniversary.
39) ‘Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’ book was authored by?
Answer: On 10th February 2021, Shri Jual Oram launched A book titled ‘Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’.
40) theme of the World Radio Day 2021?
Answer: Theme: New World, New Radio
41) “Unfinished” memoir is written by?
Answer: The Bollywood & Hollywood actress Priyanka Chopra has penned a memoir titled “Unfinished”.
42) SERB Women Excellence Award 2021 was given to female scientists?
Answer: On the occasion of International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021, the SERB announced SERB Women Excellence Award winners are Shobhna Kapoor, Antara Banerjee, Sonu Gandhi, Ritu Gupta.
43) Where PM Modi laid the foundation stone of the Grand Anicut Canal System?
Answer: On 14th February 2021, PM Modi has visited Tamil Nadu and made an inauguration and laid the foundation stones for various key projects. he also laid the stone of the Grand Anicut Canal System.
44) Name of the UT/state that begins the “Zero Covid by Feb28” campaign to ensure zero COVID-19 cases by the end of February 2021?
Answer: Puducherry UT begins a new campaign named “Zero Covid by Feb28” that ensures no COVID-19 cases by the end of February 2021, in Puducherry.
45) Name of the nation that becomes the biggest trading partner of the European Union (EU) in 2020, as per Eurostat data?
Answer: India’s neighbour country China has overtaken the United States and becomes the biggest trading partner of the European Union (EU) in 2020. this data has bee shared by the European Union statistics agency, Eurostat.
46) Where is the HQ of Nomura?
Answer: Nomura’s Headquarters – Tokyo, Japan
47) What is the name of the author of the novel ‘The Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Good News’?
Answer: Meghna Pant has penned a new novel named ‘The Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Good News’. Meghna is a writer, journalist and speaker and has won awards for her contribution to literature, gender issues and journalism.
48) Where was the 11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav conducted by the Indian Govt?
Answer: On 14th February 2021, 11th Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav has been inaugurated by Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar (West Bengal’s Governor). he begins Mahotsav at Cooch Behar Palace at Cooch Behar West Bengal.
49) ISRO creates ‘mapping and location tracking’ app ‘Bhuvan’ that will be an alternative to Google Maps with the collaboration of ———.
Answer: MapmyIndia has made a partnership with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in order to provide an indigenous satellite-based mapping service “Bhuvan”.
50) Centre launched government instant messaging systems (GIMS) platform, name it?
The National Informatics Centre launches an instant messaging platform named Sandes. it will be like WhatsApp.
51) In order to offer ‘Group SafeGuard’ insurance policy, Flipkart has partnered with which insurance company?
On 17th February 2021, ICICI Lombard has made a partnership with Flipkart in order to provide the ‘Group SafeGuard’ insurance to their customers.
52) Name of the institution that launched a sustainable electric two-wheeler “PiMo”?
On 16th February 2021, IIT Madras-incubated start-up Pi Beam has introduced a sustainable electric two-wheeler, called PiMo.
53) The Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary includes how many terms in total after launching a new edition?
It has a total of 10,000 terms including the 6000 terms of the 1st and 2nd edition of the dictionary.
54) Which company has launched The robocar named TIGER X-1?
Hyundai Motor has unveiled a Transformer-like robocar called TIGER X-1. the Hyundai made a partnership with Autodesk and Sundberg-Ferar to develop TIGER X-1.
55) In IPL 2021, name of the brand that gets the title sponsors?
On 18th February 2021, The Chinese mobile VIVO has come back as the title sponsor of IPL 2021 league, said by Indian Premier League Governing Council chairman Brijesh Patel.
56) On which date, World Day of Social Justice is observed?
On 20th February, the World Day of Social Justice is observed since 2009.
57) Which city of India recognised as the 2020 Tree City of World?
The Arbor Day Foundation and the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation- FAO has selected Indian city Hyderabad as the 2020 Tree City of the World. Hyderabad is the only city in India to be recognised as the Tree City.
58) On which date, India’s Citizens observes Soil Health Card Day?
On 19th February 2021, India’s citizens have observed the 6th Soil Health Card Day.
59) theme of World Day of Social Justice 2021?
Theme 2021 –“A Call for Social Justice in the Digital Economy.
60) India conducted I-ACE Circular Economy Hackathon with which country?
On 19th February 2021, Indian PM Modi has addressed the valedictory function of the India Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE) via a video conference.
61) On which date, World Thinking Day is observed?
The day of 22nd February is observed as World Thinking Day (Thinking Day) by all Girl Scouts, Girl Guides and other girl groups worldwide.
62) Where India Navy conducted the Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Indonesia navies?
On 18th February 2021, the Indian navy and Indonesia navy have conducted a military exercise named Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the Arabian sea.
63) On which date, International Mother Language Day (IMLD) is observed?
Every year, the day of 21st February is observed as International Mother Language Day (IMLD).
64) Who becomes the winner of the title of the Australian Open 2021 in the women’s single category?
On 20th February 2021, in the women’s singles, Naomi Osaka (Japan) has begged her 4th Grand Slam title. in the final match, she defeated American Jennifer Brady and clinched the Australian Open final 2021.
65) Who is the winner of the Australian Open 2021 Tennis title?
Men’s singles final, Novak Djokovic begged his ninth (9th) Australian Open crown and the 18th Major Grand Slam overall. he beats Daniil Medvedev in the final.
66) Name of the actor who writes a memoir named ‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Journey of an Actor’
The memoir titled ‘Stories I Must Tell: The Emotional Journey of an Actor’ will be released in April 2021. this memoir was written by Veteran actor Kabir Bedi.
67) Who is appointed as the President of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI)?
Dushyant Chautala has been appointed as the President of the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI). he will serve as TTFI’s President for a period of four years.
68) Where was 1st Digital University of India inaugurated?
Shri Arif Mohammed Khan (Kerala’s Governor ) made the inauguration of India’s first Digital University named Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology.
69) When is Central Excise Day observed in India.
The day of 24th February is being observed as Central Excise Day in India.
70) Winner of the Critic’s Best Actor award at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards?
The Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards have been announced and Late Sushant Singh Rajput has been honoured with the Critic’s Best Actor Award.
71) Flower Processing Centre will be established in ——.
The Ministry of Horticulture of Karnataka state will set up a flower processing centre. The Ministry will get cooperation from the Bangalore International Flower Auction (IFAB).
72) Vishnu Narayanan Namboothiri was a?
The Noted and Well-known Malayalam poet Vishnunarayanan Namboothiri has passed away at the age of 81. he was a recipient of the Padma Shri (2014).
73) Name of the state that has launched Carbon Watch in order to assess the carbon footprint of an individual?
Answer: Punjab and Haryana’s Capital Chandigarh launches a mobile application “Carbon Watch” in order to assess the carbon footprint of an individual. after launching the app, Chandigarh became the first state or Union Territory in India.
74) Who launched the UTS ON MOBILE App?
Answer: The Indian Railways is going to reactivate the facility of ‘UTS ON MOBILE App’. this app will help in booking unreserved train tickets.
75) When is World NGO Day observed?
Answer: Every year, the day of 27th February is observed as World NGO Day by more than 89 countries and over six continents. the full form of NGO is Non-Governmental Organisation.