Lt Gen Manoj Kumar Katiyar as next DG of Military Operations – Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyar was elected as the next Director-General of Military Operations. Manoj Kumar will assume the charge as Director-General of Military Operations from 1st May 2022.
- Lieutenant General Katiyar is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy and was commissioned in the 23rd Battalion of the Rajput Regiment in June 1986.
Who is Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Katiyar
- At present, Lieutenant General Katiyar is serving as the General Officer Commanding of 1 Corps which is a strike formation responsible for offensive operations against both Pakistan and China.
- he also served as Director of General Staff Duties at Army Headquarters.
- Katiyar has commanded an infantry brigade along the Western borders and a mountain division.
- He served as an instructor in the Indian Military Training Team in Bhutan and at the Defence Services Staff College, Wellington.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.