The former chief of the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency Lt Gen Asim Munir was appointed as the new chief of the Pakistan Army by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, as a successor to General Qamar Bajwa. He will serve as Pakistan’s 17th army chief since it became independent. at present, Lieutenant General Munir is serving as the Quarter Master General at the General Headquarters (GHQ).
Lieutenant General Asim Munir
- Lieutenant General Asim Munir also served as Corps Commander Gujranwala and headed Pakistan’s two most influential intelligence agencies – the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Military Intelligence.
- He was ISI chief was just eight months, the shortest ever.
- He will take place of General Qamar Javed Bajwa whose six-year tenure as Pak army chief will end on November 29th, 2022.
- Lieutenant General Munir is a holder of the Sword of Honour.
- In March 2018, He was awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz.
- Lieutenant General Munir holds a graduation from the Officers Training School (OTS) in Mangla.
- He was commissioned into the 23rd Battalion of the Frontier Force Regiment.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.