Kovalam and Eden Indian Beaches get International Blue Flag Certification
Two new beaches in India i.e. Kovalam (Tamil Nadu) and Eden (Puducherry) have received the Blue Flag certification by the Foundation for Environment Education in Denmark (FEE) in 2021.
- With this, India has now total 10 beaches with the coveted International eco-label “Blue Flag”.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change started a highly acclaimed & flagship program Beach Environment & Aesthetics Management Services (BEAMS) to protect and conserve the pristine coastal and marine ecosystems through holistic management of the resources.
What is International Blue Flag certification?
- Blue Flag certification is a recognized eco-label accorded by the “Foundation for Environment Education in Denmark” based on 33 stringent criteria in the world.
- The Denmark-based non-profit Foundation for Environmental Education give certification to beaches and marinas in FEE member countries which are responsible for setting stringent environmental, educational, safety-related, and access-related criteria.
List of beaches with Blue Flag Certification in India:
- Kovalam – Tamil Nadu
- Eden – Puducherry.
- Shivrajpur – Gujarat,
- Ghoghla – Diu,
- Kasarkod – Karnataka
- Padubidri – Karnataka,
- Kappad – Kerala,
- Rushikonda – Andhra Pradesh,
- Golden – Odisha
- Radhanagar – Andaman and Nicobar
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.