Kerala Reports First Zika Virus Case: See Symptoms, Treatment And Prevention
Kerala has reported the first case of Zika virus that has been officially confirmed, Zika virus is a mosquito-borne viral infection that is transmitted by the bite of an infected mosquito. usually, such mosquitoes bite during the day.
As per the World Health Organisation (WHO): mosquito is the same mosquito that can transmit dengue, chikungunya, and yellow fever. however, there is no vaccine is yet available for the prevention and treatment of the Zika virus.
Zika virus: symptoms
- muscle and joint pain
Zika Virus: The Dos And Don’ts
- Clean birdbaths weekly.
- Apply mosquito repellant creams and sprays regularly
- Wear covered clothes.
- Use nets in your bedroom and in hospitals.
- Not the collection of water
- Don’t throw broken utensils, unused bottles
- Don’t throw old tires
- Try to avoid visiting the doctor if you have symptoms
- try to Avoid sexual contact
Disclaimer: Always consult a specialist or your own doctor