Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Syllabus PDF Download – In this article, students will find the Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Exam Syllabus PDF direct links, Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Exam Pattern 2022, Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Selection Process, and so on.
Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Syllabus 2022 – Overview
|Board Name||Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC)|
|Posts||Deputy Engineer (Civil)|
Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Exam Pattern 2022
- Total Question –
- Total Marks – 100 Marks
- Exam Duration – 1 hour 30 minutes (90 Minutes)
- Language –
- Mode of Exam –
- Negative Marking –
Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis – 10 Marks
Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering – 10 Marks
Surveying and Levelling, Quantity Surveying and Valuation – 10 Marks
Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management – 20 Marks
Environmental Engineering – 10 Marks
Design of Structures – 20 Marks
Geotechnical Engineering – 10 Marks
Transportation Engineering and Urban Planning – 10 Marks
|Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Previous Question Papers PDF Download|
|Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Admit Card|
|Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Answer Key|
|Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Results|
|Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Exam|
Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Syllabus 2022
a) Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis – 10 Marks
- Concept of stress and strain, Bending moment and shear force, Stresses in beams, deflection of beams, Theory of columns, Truss analysis, Displacement response of statically determinate structural systems using energy methods, Principle of virtual work, Statically indeterminate structures, Strain Energy methods, Moving loads and influence lines, Arches. Slope Deflection Method, Moment Distribution Method, Clapeyrons Theorem (Three Moment Equation), Kani’s method of analysis
b) Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering – 10 Marks
- Fluid Statics- Fluid pressure, Buoyancy and floatation, Fluid Kinematics, Dynamics of fluid flow, Flow-through orifice and notches, Flow-through pipes, Boundary layer, Drag and Lift on immersed bodies. Hydraulic machines- flow through vanes (moving and stationary) Impulse and reaction Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Open channel flow, Uniform flow, Hydraulic Jump, Gradually varied flow, Dimensional analysis, and model testing.
- Hydrologic cycle, Precipitation, Infiltration and Evaporation-measurement, and data analysis. Runoff-components and computation, Hydrograph, Unit Hydrograph, and S Hydrograph. Irrigation types and methods-Soil water plant relationships, Frequency of irrigation, Computation of crop water requirement. Streamflow measurement -Stage discharge curve. Meandering of rivers, river training works. Surface water systems: diversion and storage systems, reservoir – estimation of storage c/pacity and yield of reservoirs – reservoir sedimentation -useful life of the reservoir. Groundwater – Aquifer types and properties – Steady radial flow into a well. Estimation of the yield of an open well.
a) Surveying and Levelling, Quantity Surveying and Valuation – 10 Marks
- Basics of Surveying, Levelling and Contouring, Area and Volume Computation, Theodolite Survey, Mass Diagram, Triangulation, Theory of Errors, Electronic Distance Measurement, Total Station Survey, Global Positioning Systems, Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System, Analysis of rates – Databook and schedule of rates,
- Analysis of rates for various items of work, Detailed specification. Types of Estimate. Detailed estimate including quantities, abstract, and preparation of various items of works, Preparation of bar bending schedules for various RCC works. Valuation- Methods of valuation, Depreciation, and Fixation of rent.
b) Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management – 20 Marks
- Construction Materials – Timber, Mortar, Iron and Steel, Structural steel, Modern materials. Concrete–Admixtures, Making of concrete, Properties of concrete, Mix proportioning.
- Building construction- Foundations, Cost-effective construction, Masonry, Lintels, and arches. Floors and flooring, Roofs and roof coverings, Doors, windows and ventilators, Finishing works. Tall Buildings – Steel and Concrete frame, Prefabricated construction, Slip form construction. Vertical transportation – Stairs, Elevators, Escalators, and Ramps. Building failures and Retrofitting, failures in RCC and Steel structures.
- Construction Planning and Scheduling, Construction disputes and settlement, Ethics in Construction, Construction Safety, Principles of materials management, Quality management practices, Construction procedures.
a) Environmental Engineering – 10 Marks
- Water sources and demand, Quantity estimation, Population forecasting, Quality of water. Water treatment- Physical methods, Chemical methods. Design of sedimentation tank, flocculation, clariflocculator, filters, and Membrane treatment techniques. Disinfection methods. Distribution of water, Pumps, Hardy Cross method of analysis,
- Wastewater- Sources, Characteristics, Oxygen demand. Design of sewers, Circular sewers, Partial flow, and full flow conditions. Sewer appurtenances, Disposal of wastewater, Streeter Phelps equation, Oxygen sag curve, Treatment methods, Aerobic and anaerobic methods, Design of various treatment units-Screening, Grit chamber, Sedimentation tank, Activated Sludge process, Trickling filter, Rotating biological contactor, Septic tanks, Imhoff tanks, Oxidation ditches, Oxidation ponds, Upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactors, Sludge digestion, Sludge drying bed. Air pollution sources, effects on humans, Control of air pollutants, Air quality legislations.
b) Design of Structures – 20 Marks
- Limit state method of design, Analysis of reinforced rectangular beams, Shear strength of RC beam, Design of shear reinforcement, Bond and development length, Curtailment of reinforcement, Design for torsion, Design of one-way slab, Cantilever slab, Continuous slab (detailing only), Two-way slabs, Limit state of serviceability, Deflection, Cracking, Staircases -design & detailing. Columns-effective length design of axially loaded short columns with rectangular ties and helical reinforcement.
- Columns subjected to compression, Uniaxial bending, and biaxial bending, Design of slender columns, Design of wall/strip footing- design of footings, Design of cantilever retaining wall without surcharge, design principles of counterfort retaining wall, Circular slabs simply supported, fixed and partially fixed subjected to udl, Design of water tanks, Design philosophy and requirements, joints, IS code recommendations, Pre-stressed concrete, Concept of prestressing, materials and methods of prestressing, Prestressing systems, losses of prestressing, Analysis of prestressed beams (rectangular and I-sections) at stages of transfer and service.
- Steel and steel structures – Bolted and welded connections, Tension members, Compression members, Beams, Roof trusses, and Purlins. Timber structures- columns, composite beams (concepts only).
a) Geotechnical Engineering – 10 Marks
- Major soil deposits of India, Classification and three-phase system of soil, Permeability of soils, Principle of effective stress, Shear characteristics of soil, Consolidation (Terzaghi’s theory of one-dimensional consolidation only) and Compaction.
- Stability of finite slopes-Swedish Circle Method and Friction circle method, Stresses in subsoil due to loaded areas of various shapes, Boussinesq’s formula, Newmark’s chart Lateral earth pressure-Rankine’s and Coulomb’s theories
- Bearing capacity of soil, Estimation of the magnitude of settlement, Site investigation, Standard Penetration Test and Plate load test, Design of shallow, deep, and machine foundations, and ground improvement techniques.
b) Transportation Engineering and Urban Planning – 10 Marks
- Classification and alignment of highways, Geometric design of highways, Properties and testing of pavement materials, CBR method of flexible pavement design, construction and maintenance of pavements, Design of runways, taxiways, and aprons. Traffic characteristics- Traffic studies and analysis, Traffic control devices. Airport characteristics- Aircraft component parts. Site selection, Terminal area planning- Airport marking and lighting. Traffic regulation rules, Highway capacity, Traffic safety, Influencing factors and preventive measures for traffic accidents, Basic diagrams of traffic flow theory. Railways- geometric design of tracks, railway operation control, Maintenance. Alignment, Ventilation, and drainage of tunnels, Types of harbors, and docks.
- Goals and objectives of planning; Components of planning, Regional planning, Theories of urbanization, Study of Urban Forms, Zoning, Development of new towns, Town Development Plan, Town planning acts.
|Kerala PSC Deputy Engineer Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download||Click Here|
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.