Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana takes oath and becomes 48th Chief Justice of India
On 24th April 2021, Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana has taken an oath as the 48th Chief Justice of India (CJI).
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath to Justice Ramana at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- He will take place of Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde who demitted office on April 23, 2021.
- Justice Ramana will serve till 26 August 2022.
Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
- He was born on 27 August 1957 in Ponnavaram village of Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh.
- He was appointed as permanent Judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court in June 2000.
- He also served as acting Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High between March to May 2013.