Infant Protection Day is observed on November 7 every year in order to raise awareness about the ways to protect newborns. The day aims to educate people on how to take care of infants in a better way.
Infant Protection Day 2023: History
- In the early years of the 1990s, European countries began the observance of Infant Protection Day, aimed at raising awareness regarding infant mortality rates and educating people on what steps should be taken to combat such problems.
- It was started to establish a healthy and strong immune system and ensure the newborn will be away from the risk of getting diseases in the early months after birth.
Infant Protection Day 2023: Significance
- It aims to raise awareness about infant mortality and create awareness about the challenges faced by babies after birth.
- The day also marks how important it is to protect and take care of infants, emphasising that every child should grow up in a safe environment.
- It acts as a platform for providing knowledge and resources to the parents.
- The main purpose of the day of observing is to reduce the rate of infant mortality.
- The initiatives will help in providing healthcare support, nutrition and hygiene to newborns in the regions where the mothers and babies lack these basic facilities.
Infant Protection Day 2023: Theme
The day holds a certain theme, which is followed across all the countries. However, In 2023, the theme for the day has not yet been announced.