Indian Govt launches mobile app named Matsya Setu for Indian aqua farmers
Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying, Shri Giriraj Singh launched the Online Course Mobile App named “Matsya Setu” on 6th July 2021. the main purpose of this app is to disseminate the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country.
- The app was developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar, with the funding support of the National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad.
- During the launching app, Shri Pratap Chandra Sarangi, Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying. J.N.Swain, Secretary, Department of Fisheries, Government of India, and senior officers of the Department of Fisheries were present.
Matsya Setu app
- The app will provide species-wise/ subject-wise self-learning online course modules, where renowned aquaculture experts explain the basic concepts and practical demonstrations on breeding, seed production and grow-out culture of commercially important fishes such as carp, catfish, scampi, murrel, ornamental fish, pearl farming and so on.
- The modules have been divided into small video chapters for the convenience of the learners
- The app will offer a lively learning experience, Quiz/Test options to motivate the learners.
- When each course module will be completed successfully, then, e-Certificate can be auto-generated.
- Farmers can also submit their doubts/problems using the app and they will be provided specific advisories from experts.
how to download and use the app
The app is deployed in Google Play Store at this link: Click Here
Users can also search “MatsyaSetu” in the play store and can download it.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.