Indian Constitution Day 2023: History, celebrations, significance
Every year, Constitution Day is observed on November 26 in India. this day is also known as ‘Samvidhan Diwas’. the day aims to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. On November 26, 1949, the Constitution was adopted and it came into effect on January 26, 1950.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Indian Constitution Day celebration on November 26, 2018, in New Delhi, the celebration was organised by the Supreme Court.
Indian Constitution Day 2023: History
- In 2015, the Indian govt decided to celebrate November 26 as Constitution Day to promote constitutional values among citizens.
- In 1949, India adopted the Constitution of India, which came into effect on 26th January 1950.
- The First law minister of India Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was appointed as the chairman of the constitution drafting committee in 1947 and was granted the responsibility of writing the country’s new constitution.
Parliament celebrated Constitution Day
- On 26th November 2021 (Friday), Parliament will make celebration of the Constitution Day and President Ram Nath Kovind will lead. e during the event, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla will be present.
- PM Modi will also inaugurate the two-day Constitution Day celebrations which will be conducted by the Supreme Court, at 5:30 pm in Vigyan Bhawan.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.