India Cycles4Change Challenge
- The Smart City Mission of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has recently started the registration for India Cycles4Change Challenge. it has been launched by Minister of State Housing and Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri ji. Hardeep ji also begins online portal for application submission of the participating cities.
- Almost 450 participants came and joined the event. along with it, Smart Cities, commissioners, city officials, civil society organisations experts’ all CEO’s were also present during event.
- The main purpose of it is to connect the cities with citizens and experts to create and develop a vision to in order to promote cycling.
Eligibility for the challenge:
- All the cities should come under the Smart Cities Mission.
- Capital cities of the State/Union Territories (UT).
- Cities who has a population more than five lakhs.
How can Register for India Cycles4Change Challenge –
- The eligible cities can directly register themselves using the portal between 10th July 2020 and 21st July 2020.
Portal or Website –
Official Website – https://smartnet.niua.org/indiacyclechallenge/
Stages of the Cycles4Change challenge:
- 2 stages will be there
Stage no 1:
- Participated cities will aim to focus on testing and also will promote cycling and develop a scale up strategy. The Stage first will end in October 2020.
Stage no 2 –
- Ministry will release a shortlist of towns and also will distribute a cash award of Rs.1 crore.