IITM scientist Roxy Mathew Koll received Devendra Lal Memorial Medal 2022– A scientist at the Pune-based Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM) Roxy Mathew Koll received the American Geophysical Union’s (AGU) 2022 Devendra Lal Memorial Medal for his outstanding research in Earth and space sciences. along with it, He will also be honoured as a Fellow of the AGU [a non-profit organisation that annually recognises a select number of individuals as part of its honours and recognition programme in Earth and space sciences].
Roxy Mathew Koll made various contributions to science, monitoring, forecasts, and climate change projections for South Asia and the larger Indo-Pacific region to provide insights into the mechanisms and impacts of climate change on monsoon floods and droughts, cyclones, heat waves, and the marine ecosystem.
Roxy Mathew Koll
- Koll has served as an author of the climate change assessment reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- At present, He is serving as the chair for the Indian Ocean Region Panel under the United Nations CLIVAR programme, a body that coordinates the monitoring and research of the Indian Ocean climate system.
- He has been ranked among the top 2% of scientists by Stanford University based on his scientific contributions.
Devendra Lal Memorial Medal 2022
- Devendra Lal Memorial Medal was named in honour of professor Devendra Lal, who was a distinguished geophysicist whose work spanned diverse areas of the Earth and space sciences.
- he played his role in founding and developing the held in which cosmic rays produced isotopes on Earth are used as tracers to investigate a wide range of Earth science problems.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
******** End ********