Haryana launched ‘Chaara-Bijaee Yojana’ for fodder cultivating farmers – Haryana Agriculture Minister, Jai Parkash Dalal has launched a scheme named ‘चारा – बिजाई योजना ( Chaara – Bijaee Yojana), which aims to provide financial assistance of Rs 10,000 per acre (Upto 10 acres) to farmers cultivating and supplying fodder to Gaushalas (Cowsheds).
- The scheme purposes to address the State’s fodder shortage and rising stray cattle.
- The Govt will credit the Subsidy directly to the farmer’s account under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- The scheme will cover those farmers who have tied up with gaushalas and will provide financial aid of ₹10,000 per acre for up to 10 acres under fodder cultivation.
- The number of cow shelters in the state has increased from 175 in 2017 to 600 in 2022.
- In April 2022, ₹13.44 crore has been distributed among 569 gaushalas in the state.
- ‘Chaara-Bijaee Yojana’ was launched by the Haryana government to encourage farmers to grow fodder and help gaushalas, which have been grappling with fodder shortage amid a rise in the stray cattle population.
- Under the scheme, the farmers will be provided a financial aid of ₹10,000 per acre for up to 10 acres under fodder cultivation.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.