PM Garib Kalyan Anna (Pmgkay) Yojana extended for 6 Months – The Union Cabinet has decided to extend the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme for a period of six months, till September 2022. The Union Cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme aims to show care and compassion towards the underprivileged and vulnerable parts of society (Phase VI).
- The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) scheme’s Phase-V was to be ended in March 2022.
- the PM-GKAY is one of the most effective schemes since April 2020 and has made it the world’s largest food security programme.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY)
- the Centre has spent more than Rs. 2.60 lakh crore so far and Rs. 80,000 crores will be invested in the upcoming six months through September 2022 and which will bring the total expenditure under PM-GKAY to roughly Rs. 3.40 lakh crore.
- PM-GKAY scheme will help more than 80 million people in the country.
- each beneficiary under the PM-GKAY will be provided with an additional 5 kg free ration per person each month.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.