Every year, Women’s Equality Day is celebrated on 26 August in the United States. The day commemorates the adoption of the 19th Amendment in the US Constitution which supports the rights of women and forbids discrimination to vote on the basis of gender.
The day aims to raise awareness about the rights and equality of women. It also helps tackle the major issue of gender inequality in countries so that a country can move towards progress.
Women’s Equality Day 2023: Theme
According to wtsinternational.org, the theme of Women’s Equality Day 2023 is #EmbraceEquity.
Women’s Equality Day 2023: Quotes, Wishes & Messages
- “I figure, if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one.” —Calamity Jane
- “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” —Hillary Clinton
- “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” —Malala Yousafzai
- “Women have always been the strong ones of the world.” —Coco Chanel
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” —Melinda Gates
- “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” —Michelle Obama
- “Women will only have true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.” —Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “I can promise you that women working together—linked, informed and educated—can bring peace and prosperity to this forsaken planet.” —Isabelle Allende
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” —Margaret Thatcher
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” —Maya Angelou