Daily Current Affairs 26th August 2023 – Here, you will read the latest and Best Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC, and other competitive exams.
Defence Ministry & Hindustan Shipyard Limited signed a contract for the acquisition of 5 Fleet Support Ships for Indian Navy
- Ministry of Defence signed an agreement with Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL), Visakhapatnam for the acquisition of five Fleet Support Ships (FSS) for the Indian Navy at an overall cost of nearly 19,000 crore rupees. The ships will be indigenously designed and constructed by HSL, Visakhapatnam.
- Indian Shipyard will build the Fleet Support Ships of 44,000 Tons and will be the first of its kind to be built in India. This project will create employment of nearly 168.8 lakh man-days over a period of eight years.
GOI launches ‘Invoice incentive Scheme’ by the name ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar’
- The government of India launched an ‘Invoice incentive Scheme’ by the name ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar’ to encourage the culture of customers asking for bills for all purchases.
- Every quarter, Two bumper prizes of one crore rupees each will be presented. There will also be 800 lucky draws having a prize value of 10,000 rupees each, and 10 draws with a prize of 10,00,000 rupees each every month.
- You can upload Bills with a minimum value of 200 rupees on the Mobile App ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikaar’ available on IOS and Android or on the web portal ‘web.merabill.gst.gov.in’.
- The pilot scheme is scheduled to be launched on 1st September 2023 in Puducherry, Dadra Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, and the states of Assam, Gujarat & Haryana.
I&B Ministry extends last date of submission for the Best Web Series (OTT) Award
- The Information and Broadcasting Ministry forwarded the last date of submission for the Best Web Series (OTT) Award to September 4, 2023. You can submit the hard copy of the series by the 12th of September 2023.
Dharmendra Pradhan lays the foundation stone for Central Tribal University in Andhra Pradesh
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan laid the foundation stone for the Central Tribal University at Saluru.
- The Central Tribal University will be located in the tribal area of Parvati Puram Manyam district which stands as a mark of the freedom fighter Alluri Sitaramaraju.
- The Tribal University will provide 24 academic courses for Degrees, short-term courses in skill development, and vocational and job-oriented courses.
Law Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal launches Tele-Law- 2.0
- Law and Justice Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal launched Tele-Law- 2.0, integrating Tele-Law and Nyaya Bandhu App to ensure access to Justice in New Delhi.
- The Common people can access legal advice, legal assistance, and legal representation through a single registration and single gateway of Tele-Law.
Winners of India Smart Cities Awards Contest 2022 Announced
- The Central Government announced the winners of the India Smart Cities Awards Contest (ISAC) 2022 on August 25th, 2023. A total of 66 final winners have been identified out of 845 nominations from 80 qualifying smart cities.
- It includes 35 in the Project Award, 6 in the Innovation Award, 13 in the National/Zonal City Award, 5 in the State/UT Award, and 7 in the Partner Award categories.
- The winners of the ISAC 2022 awards will be felicitated by President Droupadi Murmu in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.