Global Report on Food Crises –
World Food Programme publishes its Global Report 2020 on Food Crises –
- The UN World Food Program has published its Global Network Against Food Crises today. the report highlights almost 135 million peoples of 55 nations and territories experienced acute food insecurity.
Nearly 55 food-crisis nations have been covered by the report and around 183 million people have been categorized in Stressed (IPC/CH Phase 2) conditions. in which, 43 million from the Middle East and Asia and 18.5 million people from Latin America and the Caribbean.
About World Food program –
- Headquarters: Rome, Italy
- Head: David Beasley
- Abbreviation: WFP
- Founded: 1961
- Founders: Food and Agriculture Organization, United Nations General Assembly
What is Global Report 2020 on Food Crises
- The Global Report on Food Crises (GRFC) 2020 is the outcome of a consensus-based assessment of acute food insecurity situations almost the world by 16 partner organizations.
- According to estimation, more than 75 million children who are stunted and they are living in the 55 food-crisis nations.