Global Economic Freedom Index 2020
Current Affairs 2020 – As per the Global Economic Freedom Index 2020, India has got 105th place. India slips 26 places compared to the last year (79th place). Hong Kong country has topped in the Index. followed by Singapore got the 2nd place in Indexing.
Key Points –
- As per the report, India’s Index depends on next-generation reforms in factor markets.
- The rankings included many parameters and the score is provided for 10 points. the points show a higher level of economic freedom.
|Size of government||7.16||8.22|
|Freedom to trade internationally||6.08||5.71|
|Legal system and property rights||5.17||5.06|
|Regulation of credit, labour and business||6.63||6.53|
China in Global Economic Freedom Index 2020 –
- China has got 124th spot as per the rankings.
Top 10 Countries in Global Economic Freedom Index 2020 –
Top Lower Nations in Global Economic Freedom Index 2020 –
- African Republic
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Republic of Congo
About Economic Freedom of the World –
- Canada’s Fraser Institute has made Economic Freedom of the World 2020 and published the report in India with New Delhi-based Centre For Civil Society.