G Asok Kumar assumes as Director General for National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) – Ministry of Jal Shakti Additional Secretary G Asok Kumar has assumed the charge of the new Director-General for the National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, replacing Mr Rajiv Ranjan Mishra.
- G Asok Kumar is an Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Telangana Cadre 1991 batch and is popularly known as “the Rain Man of India”, for his inspiring work in the “Jal Shakthi Abhiyan: Catch the Rain” campaign.
- He has served as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India and Director in the Ministry of Power.
- he also has served as the Executive Director of Projects in National Mission for Clean Ganga.
- Apart from this, he has served in various sectors such as infrastructure, urban planning, civil aviation, power, sports, welfare, health, education and IT.
- He is also the founder President of India Smart Grid Forum.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.