DRDO Successfully Test-Fires Nirbhay Missile with Indigenous Engine Off Odisha Coast
On 11th August 2021, DRDO has successfully test-fired medium-range subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay. the test was conducted from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, off the Odisha coast.
- ITCM Nirbhay missile was equipped with a Made-in-India Manik turbofan engine.
- It was 1st test-firing of the missile with the indigenous booster engine and DRDO successed in it.
Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile (ITCM) Nirbhay
- Nirbhay is an Indigenous Technology Cruise Missile (ITCM), was developed by DRDO.
- it can carry both conventional and nuclear weapons of 200 to 300 kilograms.
- Nirbhay missiles can be fired from multiple platforms.
- The speed of ITCM Nirbhay is 0.7 to 0.9 Mach and 4 to 7 times faster than the speed of sound.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.