Degree of Comparison
Degree , we have three types of Degree
- Positive Degree
- Comparative Degree
- Superlative Degree
1. Positive Degree : Comparision of the Properties of a Person or Object for Example
- amit is good man
- pooja is a beautiful lady
2. Comparative Degree : Comparision of the Properties of two Person or Objects for Example
- amit is good player then rajesh
3. Superlative Degree : Comparision of the Properties of more than two Person or Objects for Example
- amit is the tallest student in the class
- Virat is the best batsman in world
|Positive Degree||Comparative Degree||Superlative Degree|
Some Rules in short
- Some Degrees are Positive degree like Unique , round , circular , triangular , golden , milky , whole , major , perfect , excellent , unmatched
- Use Preposition To after Senior , junior , superior , prior , inferior
- when Positive degrees (Minor , major , interior , exterior ) in that case we cann’t use more/ most Degrees before and after positive not to use than / to .
- After , Comparative Degree , Positive degree will be used.
- Use Positive degree Before Enough
- Use preposition to after Prefer.
- Use preposition to after Preferable.
- If two adjectives are connected with and The Degree of both adjectives will be one degree.