Daily Current Affairs 8th February 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Under Prime Minister’s Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan), The number of beneficiaries increased from 3.16 crore in the 1st period (December 2018 – March 2019) to 10.45 crore in the 11th period (April 2022 – July 2022). Govt provided a special facility to the farmers in the PM-KISAN Portal, namely Farmers Corner. using Farmers Corner, farmers can do their self-registration.
- A special mobile App was launched on 24th February 2020. The App aims to offer the facilities available through Farmers Corner.
- The States/UTs conducted publicity/ awareness camps to ensure expeditious verification of the data of the registered beneficiaries.
PPAC signs Statement of Intent (SOI) with IEA to strengthen cooperation in field of data and research in energy sector
Petroleum Planning & Analysis Cell (PPAC) and International Energy Agency (IEA) signed a Statement of Intent (SoI), aimed at strengthening cooperation in the field of data and research & enhance global energy security, stability, and sustainability. The SoI aims to support cooperation in the energy sector between PPAC and IEA with various areas of cooperation as specified in the SoI.
MoU between Directorate General of GST Intelligence and National Forensic Sciences University signed
The Directorate General of GST Intelligence (DGGI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU) for the setting up of digital forensic laboratories along with an exchange of information and knowledge, technological advancement and skill development in the field of digital forensics.
- The MoU aims to facilitate DGGI and NFSU to establish digital forensic laboratories as well as collaborate in research and training programmes and will also provide technical assistance to each other.
CAG signs two MoUs with Tajikistan and Kazakhstan
The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with SAI Tajikistan and SAI Kazakhstan. the agreements aim to strengthen cooperation and exchange of expertise between the two nations in the field of auditing. The MoUs aim to offer a platform for the exchange of auditing professionals and technical teams, collaboration in training programs, and mutual assistance in conducting audits.
YUVA SANGAM Portal Launches
The “Yuva Sangam” registration portal was launched at IGNCA New Delhi. The Yuva Sangam is an initiative to build close ties between the youth of the North East Region and the rest of India under the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- The “Yuva Sangam” registration portal will help in connecting the youth of my Northeast with the whole country.
- Yuva Sangam embodies the philosophy of our rich culture, our glorious history and our ancient heritage.
2nd SCO Young Scientist Conclave in Bengaluru
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the 2nd SCO Young Scientists Conclave (SCO-YSC) in Bengaluru. the 2nd SCO Young Scientists Conclave (SCO-YSC) was held at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru from 6th -10th February 2023.
India’s 1st new mobility- cluster in Telangana
The Telangana Govt launched the country’s first new mobility-focused cluster, Telangana Mobility Valley’ (TMV). it aims to attract investments of around Rs 50,000 crore. it will also help in generating more than 4 lakh jobs in the next five years in the state.
Shamika Ravi appointed as member, EAC-PM
Economics professor and researcher Shamika Ravi has been elected as a member of the Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister (EAC-PM). At present, Shamika Ravi is serving as a non-resident senior fellow of the governance studies program at the Brookings Institution in Washington D.C.
- Rakesh Mohan and Sajjid Z. Chinoy, Managing Director and Chief India Economist at J.P. Morgan are part-time members of the advisory.
- She served as a member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister and publishes extensively in peer-reviewed academic journals.
Madras High Court gets five new judges
Madras High Court Acting Chief Justice (ACJ) T. Raja administered the oath of office to the new five new judges – L. Victoria Gowri, P.B. Balaji, K.K. Ramakrishnan, R. Kalaimathi and K. Govindarajan Thilakavadi as additional judges of the High Court.
Barnali Barua tokhi as MD in BPRL
Barnali Barua Tokhi was appointed as Managing Director (MD), of Bharat Petro Resources Limited (BPRL) and will hold the post from the date of her assumption of office till the date of her retirement.
K Satyanarayana Raju appointed as new MD & CEO of Canara Bank
Govt has appointed K Satyanarayana Raju as its Managing Director and CEO, with immediate effect and Raju will replace L V Prabhakar who demitted office on December 31, 2022. K Satyanarayana Raju is a Physics Graduate, Post Graduate in Business Administration (Banking and Finance) and CAIIB (Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers).
- He also served Canara Bank as Executive Director since March 10, 2021.
VP Nandakumar, Manappuram Finance won Hurun India award
Managing Director & CEO, Manappuram Finance Ltd, VP Nandakumar won the Hurun India award. he received The Hurun Industry Achievement Award 2022 for his remarkable achievements in the world of business.
- Adi Godrej, chairman, of Godrej Group, Cyrus S. Poonawalla, Managing Director, Serum Institute of India Ltd, Kris Gopalakrishnan, co-founder, Infosys Ltd and Sanjiv Goenka of RPG Group also won the Hurun India’s award.
Khelo India Youth Games: Sabita Toppo won two gold medals; Jayaram also clinches gold
Sainyam won bronze in the women’s 10m air pistol event at the ongoing Khelo India Youth Games. Haryana’s Palakstood 1st and Anjali from Rajasthan got 2nd place.
Safer Internet Day 2023
Every year, Safer Internet Day is observed on the second day of the second week of February across the world. the main purpose of the day is to provide a safer and better internet.
- In 2023, It marks the 20th edition of Safer Internet Day and is being celebrated in around 15 countries across the world.
- It aims to raise awareness of emerging online issues and current concerns.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.