Daily Current Affairs 7 March 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
23rd Commonwealth Law Conference begins in Goa
Goa Governor P.S. Sreedharan Pillai inaugurated the 23rd Commonwealth Law Conference. it will be held for five days from March 5-9, 2023 to witness 500 delegates from 52 countries in attendance.
NTPC registers 11.93% growth in generation during FY’23
NTPC Ltd registered 11.92% growth in generation i.e. 364.2 BU in FY23 till February month, compared to the country’s generation growth of 9.56%. NTPC’s Captive Coal production was at 2.6 Million Metric tonnes (MMT) whereas the despatch was at 2.5 MMT, thus registering a robust growth of 80% and 87% respectively, in February vis-à-vis the previous corresponding year.
Tamil Nadu CM inaugurates Keezhadi museum
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin inaugurated the Keezhadi on-site museum which stands as testimony to a rich, ancient civilisation that thrived on the banks of the Vaigai. the Keezhadi museum is spread over two acres of area and exhibits nearly 15,000 artefacts unearthed during various phases of excavation launched by the state archaeology department in Keezhadi and its cluster villages of Konthagai, Agaram and Manalur.
- An amount of Rs 18.8 crore has been spent to build the centre.
Justice Amit Sharma takes oath as a permanent judge of Delhi High Court
The President of India appointed Shri Justice Amit Sharma, Additional Judge of Delhi High Court to be the Judge of Delhi High Court from the date he assumes charge of his office. On 6th March 2023, Justice Amit Sharma took oath as a permanent judge.
Five Judges are appointed as permanent judges of the Madras High Court
Madras High Court Additional Judges have been appointed permanent judges. the judges are S. Srimathy, D. Bharatha Chakravarty, R. Vijayakumar, Mohammad Shaffiq, and J. Satya Narayana Prasad. 5 additional judges of the Madras High Court take oath as permanent judges.
The maiden Joint Military Exercise FRINJEX-23 between Indian Army and the French
The maiden Joint Military Exercise FRINJEX-23 between Indian Army and French Army will be held at Pangode Military Station, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on 07th and 08th March 2023.
- Exercise FRINJEX-23 aims to enhance inter-operability, coordination and cooperation between both forces at the tactical level.
- It will also further cement defence cooperation with France which is a key aspect of the overall Indo-France strategic partnership.
Anupama Ramachandran won Women’s Snooker World Cup
India ‘A’ represented by Amee Kamani and Anupama Ramachandran beat England ‘A’ 4-3 (56-26, 67 (51)-27, 41-61, 27-52, 68 (34)-11, 55-64, 78-39) in the final of the Women’s Snooker World Cup and won the gold for India. The women’s Snooker World Cup is being held in Bangkok, Thailand.
Mexican Open Tennis Tournament
In the Mexican Open tennis tournament in 2023, Australian Alex de Minaur won the men’s singles title. the match was played between Australian player Alex de Minar and American player Tommy Ball to win the title of champion. the match was held in Acapulco, Mexico.
National Pharmacy Education Day 2023
The Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) announced 6th March as the National Pharmacy Education Day to mark the birth anniversary of Professor Mahadeva Lal Schroff and to recognise his contribution to establishing pharmacy education in India.
- National Pharmacy Education Day, Union Minister of State (HFW) Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar inaugurated Pharma Anveshan 2023 at Vigyan Bhawan and launched the ‘One Stop-Non Stop’ digital job portal of the Pharmacy Council of India.
Birth Anniversary of Professor Mahadeva Lal Schroff
- Prof Mahadeva Lal Schroff is known as the Father of Pharmacy Education in India.
- He passed away on August 25, 1971.
- He was born on March 6, 1902, at Darbhanga in Bihar and completed his schooling from Bhagalpur and passed the Intermediate Examination in 1920.
- He joined Engineering College Banaras Hindu University for his studies.
- Prof. Schroff introduced Pharmaceutical Chemistry as the principal Subject in the B.Sc. course in 1932 at BHU.
- Prof Schroff — in December 1935 — began the United Provinces Pharma Association, which soon crossed the borders of UP in 1939 and took the shape of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association in 1939 with branches all over the country.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @ PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.