Daily Current Affairs 6th January 2023: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
Microsoft signs MoU with ISRO to boost Indian space tech startups
Tech giant Microsoft has signed a memorandum of understanding with ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) to boost space tech startups using technology tools and platforms. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella showed several cloud-based and AI-powered projects at the future-ready technology summit in 2023.
- Microsoft will help ISRO in strengthening its vision of getting the most out of space tech startups in the country.
- Microsoft will also work closely with the startups identified by ISRO.
- Microsoft will also mentor space tech entrepreneurs in terms of cloud tech, product, design, fundraising, sales, and marketing aspects.
- It will organize knowledge-sharing and thought leadership sessions with the help of ISRO across the country.
Australia’s first multicultural mental health line launched
NSW Government launched Australian-first multicultural mental health phone line service covering up to 30 different languages. it has been by registered bilingual mental health professionals covering languages such as Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Korean, Vietnamese, and Ukrainian. The main purpose of the First multicultural mental health hotline in Australia is to support people to get the help they need, with a specialist team of healthcare professionals ready to provide care and connect people with the appropriate services.
- It will be available from Monday to Friday between 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on the 1800 648 911 launch.
- the Transcultural Mental Health Line aims to improve access to mental health care and support for diverse communities.
First infrastructure working group meeting of G-20 series to be held in Kolkata from 9th January 2023
The first infrastructure working group meeting of the G-20 series will be held in Kolkata from the 9th of January 2023. the meeting will be held for three days and aims to focus on financial inclusion and the theme of the meeting is “global partnership for financial inclusion”.
- It also aims to bring the marginal people including small traders under the purview of the modern banking system.
Delhi DISCOM BSES to give out electricity bills in Braille
Households that opt for the provision will receive the electricity bill in Braille. “BSES’ electricity bill in Braille will cater to the specific needs of the visually impaired, and empower them to better understand the various components of the electricity bill, like units consumed, payment of due date, subsidy details, schemes, etc.
- Citizens can make a registration for doorstep services and electricity bills in Braille through the BSES mobile app, the call center, or email.
- BRPL or BYPL officials will come to their homes and will complete the formalities without having to visit the BSES office.
- The call centre number for BRPL is 19123.
- the number for BYPL is 19122.
- The email IDs to register for these services are email@example.com for BRPL and firstname.lastname@example.org for BYPL.
Ghaziabad-Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay section (762 KM) becomes the longest fully automatic block signaling section of Indian Railways
Indian Railways starts Automatic Block signaling on a mission mode and has been commissioned 268 Rkm during 2022-23. Automatic Block Signalling (ABS) will help in increasing the capacity for more train services becoming possible. The commissioning of an Automatic signaling system in the Sath Naraini- Rundhi- Faizullapur Station section of Prayagraj Division, 762 KM long Ghaziabad-Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay section is fully automated and has also become the longest automatic block signaling section of Indian Railways.
Operation Smile–IX to commence in Cyberabad
Cyberabad Women and Children Safety Wing DCP Kavitha will start Operation Smile–IX in January 2023. Operation Smile is a nonprofit medical service organization that was established in 1982. Operation Smile is one of the world’s largest volunteer-based nonprofit organizations with over 6,000 active medical volunteers from all around the world.
Varanasi Cantt railway station gets ‘Eat Right Station’ certification from FSSAI
The Varanasi Cantt railway station gets a 5- star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for providing quality and nutritious food to passengers. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has awarded The “Eat Right Station” certification to the railway stations, aimed at providing safe and wholesome food to passengers.
- The 5-star rating “Eat Right Station” certification marks full compliance by the station to ensure safe and hygienic food is available to passengers.
- FSSAI’s ‘Eat Right India’ movement- a large-scale effort to transform India’s food system to ensure safe, healthy, and sustainable food for all Indians.
A list of other railway stations with star certification include
- Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (Delhi);
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Mumbai);
- Mumbai Central Railway Station, (Mumbai);
- Vadodara Railway Station,
- Chandigarh Railway Station
- Bhopal Railway Station.
Senior Congress leader Kuldeep Singh Pathania elected as 16th Speaker of HP Legislative Assembly
On 5th January 2023, A five-time MLA, Senior Congress leader Kuldeep Singh Pathania has been unanimously elected as the 16th Speaker of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Chief Minister Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu named Kuldeep Singh Pathania for approval.
- In 1985, Kuldeep Pathania was elected as MLA for the first time on the Congress ticket and became the youngest legislator of the sixth Assembly.
- He also won MLA elections in 1993, 2003, 2007, and 2022.
Prasanna Kumar Motupalli appointed chairman and MD of NLC India Ltd
Prasanna Kumar Motupalli has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the state-run NLC India Ltd (NLCIL) till the date of his superannuation which is June 30, 2026. Motupalli’s appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Motupalli is serving as Managing Director in Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited on a deputation basis.
Dr. Tapan Saikia to confer State’s highest civilian award, ‘Assam Baibhav’
The Assam government decided to confer the State’s highest civilian award, ‘Assam Baibhav,’ on Dr. Tapan Saikia for his contributions to the field of cancer care in the State. A renowned producer of Abahan theatre, Krishna Roy; footballer Gilbertson Sangma, lawn baller, Nayanmoni Saikia; scientist at NEIST Jorhat, Dr. Binoi Kumar Saikia and Dr. Shashidhar Phukan, Jt. The Director of Health and Family Welfare, Jorhat district will be honored with the second highest civilian award ‘Assam Saurav’.
Assam Saurav’s Award Winners list
- Krishna Roy
- footballer Gilbertson Sangma
- Nayanmoni Saikia
- Jorhat, Dr. Binoi Kumar Saikia
- Dr. Shashidhar Phukan
‘Asom Gaurav’ Winners List
- Dhritimala Deka for social service;
- Debajit Barman, entrepreneur;
- Rustom Basumotary, tourism;
- Kalyani Rajbanshi, SHG member;
- Shila Gowalla, ASHA worker;
- Manthang Hmar, agriculture
- Dr. Sayed Iftikar Ahmed
‘Assam Baibhav’ Award
- The ‘Assam Baibhav Award carries cash of 5,00,000 Rupees and medical expenses.
- ‘Assam Saurav Award carries cash of 4,00,000 Rupees and medical expenses of up to two lakh Rupees.
- ‘Assam Saurav Award carries cash of 3,00,000 Rupees and medical expenses of up to two lakh Rupees. it includes free staying at all Assam Houses and Assam Bhaban.
World Habitat Awards 2023
World Habitat, a United Kingdom-based organization present World Habitat Awards in partnership with United Nation (UN)-Habitat every year. World Habitat Awards are presented in the recognition of innovative, outstanding, and revolutionary ideas, projects, and programs from across the world. Two Gold winners, two Silver Awards, and six Bronze Awards winners have been listed this year.
World Habitat Awards 2023 Winners List
- Homes For Good, based in Glasgow, Scotland
- UrbaSEN and the Senegalese Federation of Inhabitants, based in Senegal, West Africa
- Sostre Civic, Spain
- MicroBuild Fund, Worldwide
- Jaga Mission, India
- Housing Action Group, Namibia
- Renta tu Casa, Mexico
- SIPHO, Spain
- Mas Coop, France
- ULACAV, Latin America
Dr. Kalaignar Karunanidhi Porkizhi Award
Muthamizharinagar Dr. Karunanidhi Porkizhi Award is presented every year to honor writers in the categories of novels, short stories, poetry, drama, and translation. Dr. Kalaignar Karunanidhi Porkizhi Award carries a certificate of appreciation and prize money of Rs. 1 lakh.
Dr. Kalaignar Karunanidhi Porkizhi Award Winners List
- Novel category – Writer Devi Bharti
- short story category – Chandra Thangaraj
- poetry section – Writer Devadevan
- translation department – C. Mohan
- drama category – Playwright Pralayan
Dr Sudha Chaudhuri was conferred with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award
Eminent paediatrician and neonatologist Dr. Sudha Chaudhuri has been conferred with the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the 41st Annual Convention of the National Neonatology Forum recently organized in Kolkata. Dr. Chaudhari is a Consultant at the Department of Paediatrics and Terre Des Hommes (TDH) Rehabilitation and Morris Child Development Centre at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Pune.
Kaki Madhava Rao authors a new book Breaking Barriers: the Story of a Dalit Chief Secretary
Former IAS officer Kaki Madhava Rao released his new book, titled “Breaking Barriers: The Story of a Dalit Chief Secretary,”. the book explores the inner workings of the civil service at the ground level and sheds light on micro policies and governance.
- Emesco Books Private Limited published the book which is written by Rao.
- Kaki Madhava Rao is a 1962 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer who retired as Chief Secretary of Andhra Pradesh.
World Day for War Orphans 2023
Every year, World Day for War Orphans is observed on January 6 across the world, aimed at highlighting the plight and challenges faced by orphans who have lost their parents as a result of wars and conflicts. SOS Enfants en Detresses, a French organization adopted this day to raise awareness about this crucial issue faced globally.
- The theme of World Day for War Orphans 2023 is “Standing Up for War-Affected Children”, focusing global attention on the challenges these children face and how to best meet their needs.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.