Daily Current Affairs 29 November 2022: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF to crack your exams.
Aero India 2023
Ministry of Defence announced Aero India 2023, will be held from 13-17 February 2023 at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru. Air Force Station Yelahanka has been hosting the Aero India show since 1996. Aero India 2023 will be organized by defense PSU Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Aero India 2023 will be Asia’s biggest airshow and will have exhibitors – both Indian and foreign.
- The Aero India website was launched to feature the 2023 edition and will be conducted for over five days.
- In 2021, the show was held for three days due to the Covid pandemic.
14th Aero India
- The 14th Aero India will be bigger and better than the previous editions.
- The first edition of Aero India was held in 1996.
- Aero India is a biennial air show and aviation exhibition.
- the Aero India show will be conducted by the Ministry of Defence, the Indian Air Force, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the Department of Space, the Ministry of Civil Aviation, and other such organizations which will help to make it the largest air show in Asia.
Ministry of Power launches a scheme to procure aggregate power of 4500 MW to help states facing power shortage
The Ministry of Power launched a scheme for the procurement of aggregate power of 4500 MW for a period of five years under the SHAKTI Policy. the scheme will help states that are facing power shortages and help generation plants to increase their capacities. PFC Consulting Limited was elected as the nodal agency and invited bids for the supply of 4,500 MW of electricity.
- Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd, Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd, Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company Ltd, New Delhi Municipal Corporation, and Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd showed their interest.
- SHAKTI stands for Scheme for Harnessing and Allocating Koyala Transparently in India.
- It was launched in 2018 to provide coal to stressed power units which lack a coal supply.
Mahatma Gandhi Statue to be Inaugurated at UN Headquarters
India will gift a bust of Mahatma Gandhi to the United Nations during India’s presidency of the Security Council next month. the first sculpture of the Mahatma will be established at the world body’s headquarters. Indian sculptor Padma Shree awardee Ram Sutar made the bust and he also designed the ‘Statue of Unity in Gujarat.
- the bust will take place on the expansive North Lawns of the U.N. headquarters, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN, Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj said.
- India gifted an 11th-century black-stone statue of ‘Surya’, the Sun God at the U.N. Headquarters on July 26, 1982.
77th session of the UN General Assembly
- U.N. Secretary General AntonIo Guterres and President of the 77th session of the UN General Assembly Csaba Kőrösi may present on the occasion.
International Year of Millets
- India will highlight millets as the year 2023 has been designated as the ‘International Year of Millets’.
- The Government of India and Members of FAO Governing Bodies as well as the 75th Session of the UN General Assembly endorsed a proposal.
“VAANAVIL MANTRAM (Rainbow Forum)”Scheme was launched in Tamil Nadu
Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched the “VAANAVIL MANTRAM” project at Adi Dravidar Welfare Girls Higher Secondary School in Trichy. The VAANAVIL MANTRAM(Rainbow Forum)” Scheme aims to stimulate interest in science and mathematics among government school students of classes 6 to 8 in Tamil Nadu.
- Under this scheme, 100 sciences and mathematics laboratory vehicles have been introduced.
- The State govt will spend an estimated cost of Rs.25 crore to benefit 25 lakh government school, students.
Tamil Nadu Assembly passes bill to ban online gambling games
Tamil Nadu Tamil Nadu passed the ‘Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Online Gambling and Regulation of Online Games Bill 2022’ – The Permanent Prohibition Bill on 28th October 2022. the act will implement permanent ban on online gambling games.
- The ordinance shall automatically lapse 6 weeks from the date of sitting of the Assembly by Article 213 (2) (A) of the Constitution.
- the Online Gambling Prohibition Ordinance will come into ineffective after November 27, 2022.
Marina beach pathway for the disabled inaugurated
An exclusive permanent pathway for persons with disabilities was inaugurated at the Marina, established by the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC). The pathway was developed with funding from Singara Chennai 2.0 at an estimated cost of ₹1.14 crore.
- The 3-meter-wide pathway leads to a 22-meter-wide deck for disabled people to view the sea.
- Under the MPLADS funds of Chennai Central MP Dayanidhi Maran, Udhayanidhi Stalin launched six vehicles for the disabled acquired at a cost of ₹4.12 lakh.
India-Malaysia joint military exercise ‘Harimau Shakti-2022’ begins in Kluang
India and Malaysia troops have participated in a joint military exercise ‘Harimau Shakti-2022’, aimed at enhancing inter-operability in the planning and execution of various operations in the jungle terrain. The India-Malaysia joint military exercise, ‘Harimau Shakti-2022’ commenced at Pulai, Kluang, Malaysia, and will culminate on December 12th, 2022.
- Harimau Shakti is an annual training event between the Indian and the Malaysian Army which has been holding since 2012.
- The joint exercise schedule contains the establishment of a joint command post, joint surveillance centre, sharing expertise in the employment of aerial assets, technical demonstrations, casualty management, and casualty evacuation apart from planning logistics at the battalion level.
- Harimau Shakti Joint field training exercise will help in enhancing the level of defense cooperation between the Indian and the Malaysian Army, and will also further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.
- “Lt Gen BS Raju #VCOAS reviewed the Bilateral Exercise #AgniWarrior between #IndianArmy & Singapore Armed Forces at #Deolali. #VCOAS witnessed the live firing & appreciated the participating troops for professional acumen & expertise.”
- “Exercise #GarudaShakti 2022 Troops from Indian Army #SpecialForces and Indonesian Kostrad undergoing 96 hours validation exercise in jungle terrain during the ongoing joint exercise,”
P.T. Usha elected as president of Indian Olympic Association
Legendary athlete P.T. Usha has been appointed as the President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA). 58-year-old Legendary athlete P.T. Usha is a multiple Asian Games gold medallist and a fourth-place finisher in the 1984 Olympics 400m hurdles final.
- Usha is one of the most decorated Indian athletes and has won 11 medals, including four golds in the Asian Games from 1982 and 1994.
- She also won four goal medals at the 1986 Seoul Asian Games, winning the 200m, 400m, 400m hurdles, and 4x400m relay events.
- Usha also bagged medals in the 100m and 200m events in the 1982 New Delhi Asian Games.
- She will be the first sportsperson to have represented the country and also become IOA chief.
- Maharaja Yadavindra Singh was the third IOA president who held office from 1938 to 1960.
Brand Ambassador for Sri Lanka Panai Abi Vridhi Sabha for India was Appointed
Madurai Vinayaka Murugesan was elected as the brand ambassador of the “Palm Development Council” of the Sri Lankan Embassy in Delhi under Srilankan Ministry of Horticulture.
Shilp Guru and National Awards conferred to master craftspersons
30 Shilp Guru Awards and 78 National Awards for the years 2017, 2018, and 2019 have been presented to master craftspersons, 36 of whom are women on 28th November 2022. 30 Shilp Gurus were selected for the years 2017, 2018, and 2019 out of whom 24 are male and 06 are female. The awards aim to give recognition for their excellence in craftsmanship and valuable contribution to the Indian Handicrafts and textiles sector.
Shilp Guru Awards
- The Shilp Guru Award is presented to legendary master craftspersons in recognition of excellent craftsmanship, and product excellence.
- In 2002, The Awards were started to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the resurgence of Handicrafts in India.
- The Shilp Guru Award consists of a gold coin, Rs.2.00 lakhs prize money, a Tamrapatra, a shawl, and a certificate.
- The National Awards are presented for outstanding craftsmanship in different craft categories including Metal Engraving, Chikan Hand Embroidery, Khurja Blue Pottery, Mata Ni Pachedi Kalamkari, Bandhani, Tie & Dye, Hand Block Bagh Print, Warli Art, Stone Dust Painting, Sozni Hand Embroidery, Terracotta, Tanjore Painting, Sholapith, Kantha Hand Embroidery, Palm leaf Engraving, Brass wire inlay on wood, Wood Takashi, Madhubani Painting, Gold Leaf Painting, straw craft and so on.
- The Award contains Rs.1.00 lakh prize money, a Tamrapatra, a Shawl, and a certificate.
International Trade Fair award 2022
The pavilion of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare won the award for “Outstanding Contribution towards Public Communication and Outreach” at the 41st India International Trade Fair 2022. 41st India International Trade Fair 2022 was held at Pragati Maidan.
- Health and Family Welfare Ministry conducted quiz competitions on TB, No Tobacco, Vector-borne diseases, and non-communicable diseases.
Indian Boxers won Gold Medals at Youth World Boxing Championships 2022
Young Indian boxers including Vishwanath Suresh, Vanshaj, and Devika Ghorpade won gold at the IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships 2022 in La Nucia, Spain. Vishwanath won India’s first gold at the championship and beat Ronel Suyom of the Philippines in the men’s 48kg final.
- Bhawan Sharma won a silver medal in the women’s 48kg category and was defeated by Uzbekistan’s Gulsevar Ganieva.
- Pauna Sharma won the silver medal in the women’s 48 kg category of the series.
- Ashish won a silver medal in the 54kg category.
- India topped the medal list with 11 medals, followed by Uzbekistan (2nd spot) with 10 medals, and Ireland and Kazakhstan with 7 medals each.
IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022
- The IBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022 was held at La Nucia between 14th November 2022 and 26th November 2022.
- it preserves the right of every individual to participate in boxing and enhances women’s boxing programs.
Asian Junior Chess Championship 2022
Tamil Nadu’s Harshvardhan won gold in the Asian Junior Chess Championship. Sharshavardhan won the gold by scoring 7 points in the 9-round tournament which was held in the Philippines. Harshvardhan won bronze in the 2021 Asian Juniors and Women’s Chess Championship held in Sri Lanka.
- Thailand’s IM Ngok Thuy Duong Pak received the women’s gold medal with 7.5 points,
- India’s WIM Ravi Rakshitha (7.0) silver and Kazakhstan’s WIM Amina Kyrbekova (6.0) bronze at the Philippine National Chess Federation Vice Tournament.
Davis Cup Tennis championship 2022
Canada defeated Australia to win the Davis Cup Tennis championship 2022 which was Canada’s first-ever Davis Cup trophy. Davis Cup 2022 was held from 13 to 18 September and from 22 to 27 November 2022, a total of 16 teams Participated in the Davis Cup Tennis championship 2022.
International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People 2022
Every year, the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is observed on 29th November to educate people on the question of Palestine and support a peaceful settlement of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. it also aims to raise more awareness about the issues faced by the Palestinian people along with promoting a peaceful Palestine-Israel resolution.
- General Assembly designated 29 November as the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People in 1977.
- in 1947, the Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine (resolution 181 (II)).
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.