Daily Current Affairs 29 April 2023 in English: Today GK Updates for Bank Exam – Here, you will find Daily Current Affairs events that will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT, and all State Government Exams. also, get Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2023 PDF to crack your exams.
|Subscribe To YouTube|
|Follow Us on Instagram|
|Join Facebook Page|
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launches ‘Millets Experience Centre’ at Dilli Haat
Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched the first of its kind ‘Millets Experience Centre (MEC)’ at Dilli Haat in New Delhi to raise awareness of Millets and encourage its adoption among the general public. Millets Experience Centre has been established by the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED) in collaboration with the Agriculture Ministry.
PM Modi launches FM Transmitters at 91 locations across the country to enhance coverage in border areas
Prime Minister Narendra Modi commissioned FM Transmitters of 100 Watt capacity at 91 locations across the country. These transmitters are installed in 85 districts of 18 states and two Union Territories. With this, the network of transmitters with All India Radio has grown from 524 to 615. It will help in boosting the coverage of AIR to 73.5 per cent of the population of the country.
Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif wins surprise confidence vote in National Assembly
Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif won a vote of confidence, tabled by his foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto, in the National Assembly. Sharif managed to poll 180 of the 336 votes in his favour. In April 2022, the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan, resigned after losing the vote no-confidence motion.
Hemant Soren Launches Jharkhand’s First Air Ambulance Service
Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren launched the state’s first air ambulance service from Ranchi to other parts of the country. The service will be given at rates between ₹3-8 lakh for places such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Varanasi, Lucknow and Tirupati.
- The air ambulance service will begin from other districts of the state very soon with a fare for other destinations at ₹ 1.10 lakh per hour.
India, UK begin joint military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior’ in Salisbury Plain
The 7th edition of ‘Ajeya Warrior 2023’, a joint military exercise between India and the United Kingdom, started on 27th April 2023 at the UK’s Salisbury Plains. The biennial training event will be held till May 11. The last edition was held at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand in October 2021.
- Indo-UK AJEYA WARRIOR-23 Exercise aims to build positive military relations, imbibe each other’s best practices and promote the ability to operate together while undertaking company-level sub-conventional operations in urban and semi-urban environments under UN mandate.
- The military exercise will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.
Embassy REIT appoints Aravind Maiya as CEO
India’s first listed REIT and the most prominent office REIT in Asia by area, Embassy Office Parks REIT has elected Aravind Maiya as Chief Executive Officer of Embassy REIT with effect from July 1, 2023. Maiya will take the place of Vikaash Khdloya, who has expressed his intent to pursue other interests and will step down as CEO effective June 30, 2023. Vikaash Khdloya will hold the role of Senior Advisor to the REIT until the end of this year.
- Maiya is previously associated with Embassy REIT as its Chief Financial Officer and has over 22 years of experience, including in real estate, capital markets, audit and consulting.
About Embassy REIT –
- Embassy REIT is India’s first publicly listed Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and is sponsored by Blackstone and realty firm Embassy Group.
- It comprises 34.3 million square feet of completed operating area, and strategic amenities, including four operational business hotels, two under-construction hotels, and a 100 MW solar park.
Asian U18 Athletics: Priyanshu wins 1500m gold as India pockets 4 medals
Priyanshu won the gold medal in men’s 1500m as India pocketed a total of four medals on the first day of the 2023 Asian U18 Athletics Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Aarti won bronze in women’s 5000m racewalk and Mubassina Mohammed received a bronze medal in women’s long jump for India.
International Dance Day 2023
International Dance Day is observed on April 29th every year across the world. This day marks the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre who is called the creator of modern ballet.
- The main purpose of this day is to highlight the value and importance of dance and encourages people to participate in dance and learn more about it through numerous events and festivals organised worldwide.
- The creator of modern ballet Jean-Georges Noverre was born on this day.
★★★★ You Can Also Read ★★★★
|Computer Awareness Quiz Questions Set (Banking)|
|Read Daily Current Affairs Topic Wise|
|Daily Current Affairs Quiz (Current GK Test)|
|Static Gk Quiz Questions and Answers|
📣 Prepare Exams is now on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube Channel, and Google News to get all the latest News first Like, Follow and bookmark our website @PrepareExams.com.
For all the latest Updates, download PrepareExams App.